Low Pass Filter Stereo In/Out

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
fogdigger

Low Pass Filter Stereo In/Out

Post by fogdigger » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty torn trying to find a solution to having a low pass filter like the Moog but with stereo in and outs for my keyboard. I've been currently trying with my Strymon Mobius pedal using its filter, but there is no solution to make it expression pedal controllable, ie. Sweeping from low to high manually.

Has anyone made a solution to this? Are there any alternative pedals which have stereo in and outs. Is it possible to Mod the Moog LPF? Or is the only solution to have 2?

Thanks for your help!

_DemonDan_

Re: Low Pass Filter Stereo In/Out

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:56 am

fogdigger wrote:I'm pretty torn trying to find a solution to having a low pass filter like the Moog but with stereo in and outs for my keyboard. I've been currently trying with my Strymon Mobius pedal using its filter, but there is no solution to make it expression pedal controllable, ie. Sweeping from low to high manually.
I copied this from the Strymon Mobius Manual:

Envelope filtering and traditional Wah effects (with an Expression pedal) are available.

TIPS & TRICKS: With the MODE set to WAH and the DEPTH knob at minimum, attach an expression pedal to control the F MID param and you’ve got a great sounding wah effect with adjustable Q (resonance).

I don't have a Mobius in my office at the moment, but I expect that the trick will work for all of the filter types available.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 am

Here are some other Stereo Filters that can be controlled via an Expression pedal:

ELECTRIX PRO FILTER FACTORY
http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread ... er-Factory
(Long out of production - I have one of these.)

SHERMAN FILTER BANK 2x2
http://www.sherman.be
(It'd be awesome to have one of these.)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Good solutions from Dan.

Buy two Moog MF-101s?
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

fogdigger

Post by fogdigger » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:23 pm

If its 2 Moog LFO whats the best way to sync them so its controllable by one expression pedal?

They're the cheapest moogerfoogers to get 2nd hand anyway.

fogdigger

Post by fogdigger » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Also what about the Moog MF Drive? 2 of those?

Suspish

Post by Suspish » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 pm

If you got two MF-101's, you would likely need a CP-251, or other CV mixer with a mult section to split the expression pedal CV. That adds some cost to the equation, though. You could maybe split the expression pedal with a Y cable, but you would also split the CV value, which may have undesired effect.

soundshaper

Post by soundshaper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:39 pm

The Akai MFC42 is pretty awesome for stereo filtering, although the envelope cycles only and cannot be triggered by dynamics. It doesn't sound the same as an MF-101 though.

Your keyboard has no filter at all? Typically filters are used mono, before an stereo effects, but that also depends on the sound you are going for. I've recorded both ways for sure.
Little Phatty Tribute Edition / Mother-32 / Moogerfooger MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 107, 108M / Realistic MG-1