New Model D ?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
thealien666

Re: New Model D ?

Post by thealien666 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 am

Don't you mean 51:28 ?
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Great Scott, your right, i was day dreaming about the arrival of my new Model D, lost all track of "TIME" ... :-)
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:58 pm

I have a few questions about the New Model D, and it's differences from an original.

1. Because the new LFO control is where the jacks were for Glide and Sustain, have the jacks been removed?
I assume those jacks were able to be used with a footswitch, so you could activate glide or sustain/decay from a footswitch, right?
Does the new Model D have those jacks on the back?

2. The gate input is probably updated to be like modern moog gear, right? I have a friend with a vintage Model D and he said the gate functionality is different on the old ones, I can't recall, maybe it is like the modulars, s-trig?

That's all for the moment. Thank you if anyone knows the answers.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:40 pm

TimeEchoProductions wrote: I assume those jacks were able to be used with a footswitch, so you could activate glide or sustain/decay from a footswitch, right?
The glide jack on a vintage Minimoog D (which is a non-standard Switchcraft 260 with a .206" diameter instead of the standard .250 jack, AKA 1/4") can receive either a footswitch (for turning it on and off) or an expression pedal (to control its time).
have a friend with a vintage Model D and he said the gate functionality is different on the old ones, I can't recall, maybe it is like the modulars, s-trig?
Yes the vintage Minimoog D uses S-Trigger (short to ground) gate signal.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Do we have any new information on whether or not Moog is going to be producing more of the new model D's? Ive got some things to sell in order to get ready if so :D

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:12 pm

sub guy wrote:Do we have any new information on whether or not Moog is going to be producing more of the new model D's? Ive got some things to sell in order to get ready if so :D
If you ever saw "TRADING PLACES", don't wait for the orange crop report ... Sell, Sell, Selllllllllllllllllllllllll ... :-)
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:51 pm

HookedOnSonics wrote:
sub guy wrote:Do we have any new information on whether or not Moog is going to be producing more of the new model D's? Ive got some things to sell in order to get ready if so :D
If you ever saw "TRADING PLACES", don't wait for the orange crop report ... Sell, Sell, Selllllllllllllllllllllllll ... :-)

I'm hesitant to sell just now in the case that they do not produce any more. I guess Ill just wait with the platinum credit card in hand and swipe now sell later....

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Sooo, Sweetwater is taking pre-orders, scheduled to be at SW EOM. We placed ours with SW during Moogfeast

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:11 am

^^^^

Is it supposed to be a limited run or is this something they are going to keep on producing. Buying one right this minute is a little bit of a stretch but if there is a limited number of them being produced I will anyway. If not Id wait a bit..

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:26 am

Long & McQuade here in Canada is taking pre-orders. $4499CAD. Delivery "at the end of Summer".
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:46 pm

I checked with sweetwater and they are also taking pre orders so I put one in. The salesman said that Moog plans to continue making these for quite some time.

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Does anyone have a link to a good image of the front panel of the old or new mini moog? I havent ever seen one and dont really know what their full capabilities are and would like to know more. Or even a link to specs to the old or new one would be even better. Thanks.

Super Hydro

Post by Super Hydro » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:51 am

sub guy wrote:^^^^

Is it supposed to be a limited run or is this something they are going to keep on producing. Buying one right this minute is a little bit of a stretch but if there is a limited number of them being produced I will anyway. If not Id wait a bit..
From what I heard is they are trying to pump out around 900 this year and not sure about next year. I would think since they are having parts specifically remade instead of buying from a supplier than maybe its a year or two. Just a guess though.

sub guy

Post by sub guy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Sounds great. I put my pre order in yesterday anyway.

Does anyone know if the reissue is going to have to need regular tuning like the old model D's or were they able to correct that without losing the vintage sound?

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:30 pm

sub guy wrote:Does anyone know if the reissue is going to have to need regular tuning like the old model D's or were they able to correct that without losing the vintage sound?
Presumably newer, better quality components will help. Even just using metal film resistors instead of carbon ones will make a huge improvement!
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/