Sub37 Editor and iConnectmidi4+ Problem

Everything Sub.
ChiLam

Sub37 Editor and iConnectmidi4+ Problem

Post by ChiLam » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:30 am

Has anyone managed to get the editor to connect to their Sub37 when the Sub is connected to an iConnectMidi4+?

For me the Sub37 is not visible to the editor this way.

delmarh

Re: Sub37 Editor and iConnectmidi4+ Problem

Post by delmarh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:12 pm

I have both of those devices but have yet to connect them together since I work out of town during the week. I know that the iConnect has LOTS of configurations and can be overwhelming at times. I'll give it a go this weekend and post my results to this thread.

I assume your path is as follows:
Sub37 USB -> iConnectMIDI4+ <- Mac or PC USB

If you are using the MIDI DIN connections to/from Sub37 and iConnect, let me know so I can test the exact connections you are using.

Also, what OS are you running on the computer hosting the Sub37 Editor? OS version?

ChiLam

Re: Sub37 Editor and iConnectmidi4+ Problem

Post by ChiLam » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi delmarh,

I'm very interested to hear how it goes for you.

I use Windows XP 32bit on a PC and my Sub is connected to the iConnectMidi4+ by USB and by DIN. I had to disconnect the Sub from the ICM4 and plug it direct into the PC to install the new driver - it won't proceed until the Sub is visible. After installing I reconnected to the ICM4 but the VST couldn't find the Sub either.

I have just connected directly to the PC since and this works perfectly - just a shame the ICM4+ cannot pass through the devices which are connected to it so the host software can see it.

I wish you luck with your attempts :wink: