New Moog Product!!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
theglyph

New Moog Product!!

Post by theglyph » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:32 am

I haven't seen Foogers contribute to this.

http://moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2294

The Foogers may be the bread-n-butter products for Moog!

I also play guitar so i've had thoughts about a new Fooger as well.

Although I would like a new synth. :)

What would you pedal mongers like to see?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:20 am

BBD flange/chorus?

adjustable LFO shape + fast LFO for ring mod?

Just a thought.

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:51 pm

How about a MoogerFooger - BodeFooger!

See http://moogarchives.com/m1630.htm and check out the description and applications at the bottom of the page.

Just a thought. Sounds pretty fun! :)

asd

Post by asd » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:48 pm

as a guitarist, i'd like to see some sort of pitch to voltage thing. maybe not as flashy as a new pedal like the murf but it would be really functional and useful. i don't care really about accurate tracking (although the more accurate the better), but just another way to control different settings on the moogerfoogers that interacted in a different way with my playing than what i can do now (for example, using volume to voltage)

after reading the squarewave writeup of the 102 i started to think about the possibilities of having ptich to cv

Michael Glaviano

what would we like next?

Post by Michael Glaviano » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:58 pm

asd has right it here.

Right now I am going the long 'way 'round right now by building a midi to cv kit to convert the midi output of a GI-20 to CV input for my Fooger Array.

Don't get me wrong, the kit is fun to build and all (especially if I can get it to work!). At the samte time, if I could plug my guitar -- even a 13 pin-equipped guitar -- into a box that output several CV signals, it would be pretty cool... and it would be much less costly that having the GI-20 in the signal chain.

Regards,
Michael Glaviano
aka Amigo van Helical
Northern Colorado

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:51 pm

I'd love to see a Mooger Oscillator.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:41 pm

JSRockit wrote:I'd love to see a Mooger Oscillator.
Technically, I'd say there are already two:

The MF-101 LPF can be set to self-oscillate at high resonance setings, but I don't know how controllable this is (I don't own one).

The MF-102 Ring Mod has linear carrier oscillator that can act as a very controllable frequency source, especially under control of the Voyager.

I think a Bode frequency shifter would make an interesting new Fooger sound mangler, but it may be too close to the Ring Modulator in concept for Moog to consider.

- Greg

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:34 am

GregAE wrote:I think a Bode frequency shifter would make an interesting new Fooger sound mangler, but it may be too close to the Ring Modulator in concept for Moog to consider.
I've never heard a Bode frequency shifter in action but I always thought it looked like the coolest module Moog made with that big knob and the technical look! 8) The Foogers are very classy looking so i've always imagined that module set in one.

From the application note it does sound like a ring mode so i'm sure they won't go there and they probably shouldn't.

Maybe an analog CV sequencer. :wink:

Hehe, the speculation is fun but the good folks at Moog are in the final testing stages of their new product and we can only hope for our own personal wishes!!! :)

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 pm

theglyph wrote: I've never heard a Bode frequency shifter in action but I always thought it looked like the coolest module Moog made with that big knob and the technical look! 8)
The Bode Frequency Shifter is part of Arturia's Moog Modular V2 software. You can download a demo of MMV2 and hear it for yourself.

- G

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:38 am

GregAE wrote:

The MF-101 LPF can be set to self-oscillate at high resonance setings, but I don't know how controllable this is (I don't own one).

The MF-102 Ring Mod has linear carrier oscillator that can act as a very controllable frequency source, especially under control of the Voyager.

- Greg
Not exactly what I meant.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:05 pm

JSRockit wrote:
GregAE wrote:

- Greg
Not exactly what I meant.
Sorry - what did you mean by "Mooger Oscillator"?

- G

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:21 pm

Maybe something like a VCO and VCA in mooger form. Not a ring mod or filter trying to be a VCO.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 pm

JSRockit wrote:Maybe something like a VCO and VCA in mooger form. Not a ring mod or filter trying to be a VCO.
You mean like this:

http://moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1955

(see Godzilla's 'Fooger mock-up in the thread)

Greg

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:23 pm

It would be interesting if Moog actually took to that idea! I'de buy it.

We'll see in a month. :)

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:00 am

nah they're not making my thing :(

Carl:

I apologize for the ridiculously long time it has taken me to respond. As you can imagine, lots of mail does cross my desk. I did look at your drawings. Thank you for your thoughts. We are busy creating what I feel will be a really special product. So far now I will tell you that it is not something on the table. However the next time we are brain storming new products, I’ll certainly show the technical folks what you have shared with me.

Thank you,

Mike Adams

hmm i think "really special product" means that it's either a really cool synth

or

they are trying something new

???????????????????????????????