Electric Blue, need help

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dfg_hh

Electric Blue, need help

Post by dfg_hh » Mon May 09, 2016 10:32 pm

To anyone that cares and might help...

I hesitate to post it here since previously i think my broken EB could be repaired through email but after several months of trying I think here might be the best place to ask for help.

I bought an old EB from a friend, it's never registered. However after several times of use, it got the typical osc problem seems related to the faulty IC.

I then registered it, it said I still have 1 year warranty, nice! Then i emailed moog service, explained my situation, and I'm in China. Andy said since I'm far away from the US it's best that I send my voyager to China service center and moog will cover the parts, and I only have to pay for international express. I was so happy. Then the nightmare began.

The China service center said they never repaired voyager before, and when I said COULD YOU CONTACT MOOG AND ORDER MAYBE AN ANALOG BOARD? THEY JUST SAID THEY DONT KNOW WHERE THE PROBLEM IS AND ASK ME TO ASK MOOG AGAIN.

Then I send like maybe 20 emails to moog music and Andy about my situation, completely no reply. And my RMA is still pending, since Moog Music want local service to solve it locally.

So basically it now becomes an unsolve problem, to make it simple: A said ask B to repair, and B said ask A, and A doesn't reply after the first email. B are not capable. And I was completely ignored by both now.

I would like to know that, is there any other way I can fix my voyager? or at least someone has some clue about what I should do?

Thanks for your reading. And thanks for your help. Any suggestion is welcomed.

Vsyevolod

Re: Electric Blue, need help

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue May 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Get a phone card so you can call Moog tech guys cheaply. They are not ignoring you, though at times email is not the fastest way to reach them. They are most equipped to help you out.

Stephen

Newmoog

Post by Newmoog » Tue May 10, 2016 1:50 pm

dfg_hh wrote:after several times of use, it got the typical osc problem seems related to the faulty IC.
What problem exactly?

dfg_hh

Post by dfg_hh » Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 am

Thanks guys. Ok ill try to call them.

The problem is:
2 osc died, only making clicking sound
finetune knob not working anymore
key octave is not right, now the 44 keys only made 2 or 3 semitones