Slim Phatty detuning......

Everything Phatty.
DiggyDre

Slim Phatty detuning......

Post by DiggyDre » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:46 pm

I have a SP and I am used to messing with synth stuff in Propellerhead reason or my old MicroKORG (I'm so glad I have a Moog, the MicoKORG is too damn tedious, lol). Is it possible to detune single oscillators much like you would be able to on any other synth? I se the fine tune knob ut it sounds like it tunes the entire patch as a whole. I see the FREQ knob on OSC2 but it seems more as if it is there to tune OSC2 to OSC1.

DiggyDre

Re: Slim Phatty detuning......

Post by DiggyDre » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:41 pm

NOBODY?

breun

Post by breun » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 am

In what way is OSC 2 FREQ not what you're looking for? I don't have a Slim Phatty, but according to the manual its function is indeed to adjust the frequency of oscillator 2 relative to oscillator 1. You could use it to create intervals, but also for slight detuning.

DiggyDre

Post by DiggyDre » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 pm

It's not possible to detune both oscillators apart from eachother by cents? One being positive and one being negative?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed May 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Positive and negative with respect to what?

breun

Post by breun » Sat May 14, 2016 11:52 am

DiggyDre wrote:It's not possible to detune both oscillators apart from eachother by cents? One being positive and one being negative?
You could use OSC 2 FREQ to detune the second oscillator compared to the first and use the global fine tune to lower the pitch of the whole thing if you want. Same result.

isomoog

Post by isomoog » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:08 pm

that's right. fine tune will shift both OSC and FREQ will shift OSC2. you could track this several times in your DAW to make a huge detuned unison, or a polyphonic passage of music that would get you into Prophet 5 territory. this is what polysynths do under the hood, but you can do it with one monosynth if you have multitrack software. or you could purchase several moogs to polychain them, as i did! :)

brent r