Any Mother-32 Questions?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
HookedOnSonics

Re: Any Mother-32 Questions?

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:22 pm

- There are three MIDI cables (two red, one green) used to connect a MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru to the three Mother 32 modules
- Each AUDIO OUT is going to the IN 1 to 3 (left) of the ART Powermix. So you can pan the signal in the stereo signal...

I like the way you laid this out, can you tell us what is the length of the MIDI and Audio cables? We have a Qaud. We also have a 12 channel mixer, not sure if we want to cable audio out to 12 channel mix or if it would be tighter to get ARTP and smaller TS cables (5 feet MIDI / Audio)?.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

red

Post by red » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:53 pm

about 0.6 meter / 2 feet...

For fix patched devices I use the shortest available cables
::red

1337aZ

Post by 1337aZ » Thu May 05, 2016 2:12 am

Hey guys,

I don't know if this has been asked yet but here is my question.

I have a Little Phatty Stage 2. I have just purchased the CV Mod output for it. (Should arrive next couple days).

I was thinking of grabbing a Mother 32 to combine with the LP.

So my question is, would it be worth it? I was going to grab some moogerfoogers however looking at the Mother 32, this will also be my introduction into the world of EuroRack.

Any help / advice would be appreciative.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Thu May 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Go with the Foogers first. They are best at manipulating the LP's existing sound. The Mother is great for getting your feet wet in synthesis patching, though you don't have to pair it with Euro, it's just easiest to. Get a conversion box or just make your own custom cables and you can patch the Mother into your 1/4" Foogers or anything with a banana jack.

I'm sure others will have other opinions...

Stephen

Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray » Sun May 08, 2016 9:43 pm

I have 'other opinions' on that.

How many MFs can you buy for the same price as a Mother 32?

Most MFs are way overpriced for what they offer IMO.

Adding a Mother 32 opens up a new world of possibilities.

stonesfromheaven

Post by stonesfromheaven » Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 am

Hello!
I just got my Mother 32 recently and when I'm using the sequencer trigged by my Roland TR-606 it seems like the transposing doesn't work.
I'm running one trig out from the 606 to the RUN/STOP input on the Mother. When I use the sequencer by itself seems to work fine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

DanielRightNow

Post by DanielRightNow » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I just got a Maths to go with my Mother. I'm trying to trigger an envelope via the Moog's Gate Out. However, the Maths won't retrigger unless I am playing super clean and lifting every key before I depress another.

The gate seems to have no problem retriggering parts of the MOOG (e.g. envelope, filter, LFO speed etc.)

The only way to get a rapid succession of notes to trigger the Maths properly is via the sequencer, which makes sense. It's a machine and can play as clean as you make it.

It seems like the Moog only retriggers its own envelope or internals via internal routing. :? Am I right here?

Is there any way to get the Moog to trigger the Maths consistently and reliably? I don't want to get a midi to cv converter only for the sake of sending out a proper trigger, but I will if I have to. 8)

I've read other posts about the Mother not being able to trigger other Mothers quickly due to the same problem. Why wouldn't they add a Trigger Out along with the gate? Any help is appreciated.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:25 am

DanielRightNow wrote:I just got a Maths to go with my Mother. I'm trying to trigger an envelope via the Moog's GATE Out. However, the Maths won't retrigger unless I am playing super clean and lifting every key before I depress another.
Hi DanielRightNow,

This may be of no help but... Is there a way of setting the Maths to something like "Retrigger" instead of "Legato"?

I'm guessing that two overlapping notes from the Moog are telling the Maths to play the second note in a Legato fashion.

A test of this might be to play a Mother Sequence and then turn the GATE LENGTH knob to 100%. If that makes the Maths play Legato, then you have your first clue.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

DanielRightNow

Post by DanielRightNow » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Demon Man,

I tried out setting the gate length to 100%, and yes, the Maths is playing legato. Unfortunately, I don't think it has a changeable setting for legato or re-triggering.

I referred to the Maths manual and it does say " this function is re-trigger-able during the falling portion." Which essentially is true. I think it's something to do with the Mother's gate out signal. The Mother's manual does specify that, when using the sequencer, turning the gate length to 100% will create a tie. This seems to be true even when the sustain switch is set to off; the Maths is still holding the envelope throughout the sequence.

One other thing. When I play the Mother with my keyboard, and I hold one note while playing any other, the last note always re-triggers.

1)Why doesn't the Maths follow this behavior?

2)Could this function of the Mother actually be messing with the Math's ability to re-trigger?

3)Are these just the limitations of working with one gate and one trigger?
Thanks again.

DanielRightNow

Post by DanielRightNow » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Figured it out a compromise.

Using the Signal IN for either channel 1 or 4 allows for sustain and therefore makes the Maths re-trigger while notes are sustained. The one catch is that you lose the falling portion of the EG while the gate is open.

So, if you want legato, use the Trigger IN; if you want strictly re-triggering (w/o decay, mind you), use the Signal IN. You'll have to adjust the offset when switching from Trigger IN to Signal IN.

Thanks, Demon Man for getting the wheels rolling!

dortola

Post by dortola » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Demon Man!

As we only have 64 memories for sequencer patterns, I was wondering if there is a way to dump sequences to a computer or to another equipment to build something like a pattern library, which I can send back to the Mother 32 when I need them.

Thank you!
Daniel.

HideOne

Post by HideOne » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:39 am

Hi, is there any possibility to Modulate the Pulse Widthe of the SAW Wave?
I noticed that I can just change/modify the Pulse Widthe of the PULSE Wave.

Thanks a lot!

HideOne

Post by HideOne » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

How can I Modulate the Pulse Widthe of the SAW Wave?

Is it just possible to Modulate the Pulse Widthe of Pulse Wave..

Thanks a lot!

Rehtom

Post by Rehtom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:38 am

I just bought Mother 32 and i cant make it to receive midi from my Komplete Kontrol S61. Midi OUT from S61 to Midi in Mother 32 but no midi received on the Moog. I realy don't know what to do.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:16 am

HideOne wrote:Hi, is there any possibility to Modulate the Pulse Width of the SAW Wave?
I noticed that I can just change/modify the Pulse Width of the PULSE Wave.
Hi HideOne,

On the MOTHER-32 you can only modulate the Pulse Width of the Pulse Wave.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _