Patchbay Socket Damaged

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Deimos365

Patchbay Socket Damaged

Post by Deimos365 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi,

Oddly, the socket for the Gate Out on my Mother-32 has come out. I can't really tell why or how - it doesn't look sheared, but I don't see how it was anchored into the patchbay in the first place (no glue residue I can see, certainly can't be screwed back in). This is somewhat annoying because the Gate Out is kind of important and I don't particularly want to have a sketchy socket in my Mother-32 just a couple months after receiving it, so I'm not super keen to DIY epoxy it back into place or what-have-you. That said, this seems like too minor an issue to box it back up and send it back to the factory, and I can only assume that will be a very slow process.

Anyone else run into this? Any help would be appreciated, this is my first Moog and I'm loving it but I'm keen to have it remain in full working order for rather longer than this. If I do have to send it back it would be great to get a vague idea of how arduous (and long) that process will be.

Cheers everyone!

lindelltodd

Re: Patchbay Socket Damaged

Post by lindelltodd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:34 pm

It's a known issue. The nut was too tight, which put strain on the jack which then snapped off at the base (inside the unit). Put in an RMA and send it back for repair. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Ut oh, is this something that is happening to all of the moms ... :-(, mine aren't even out of the box yet.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Andy Hughes from Moog Tech Support here!!! We will be happy to help get this rectified for you quickly. The jack sounds like it was only partially soldered to the circuit board, and this flaw may have slipped past our testing folks. Sometimes the jacks still work when they are touching the contacts then when shipped the vibration will jostle the jack loose causing this issue. Not many Mothers have had this issue, but we will keep an eye on the issue!!!

Please contact us directly here:

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221