Sub 37 Cookbook?

Everything Sub.
funkpod

Re: Sub 37 Cookbook?

Post by funkpod » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Submitted my first patch! Hope it works out well. I have a youtube video of it, i think, coming out soon. Can I edit patch descriptions, etc?
Mac OS X, 10.9.5
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Nexus 6, Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Android, baby!)
Kurzweil PC-88MX
Moog SUB 37

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:09 am

HicoMe wrote:The way you have done it, I think, you will always have much more "Downloaders" then "Uploaders", because downloading for free is to easy on your page ... You just can download without doing something for you, your page or for the community that uses your platform. Might it be good, if downloading patches would just be possible, when a user has uploaded some (maybe 5 or so) patches before? It´s a hurdle, yes, but a good one for those, who are REALLY interested in sharing (good) sounds -GIVE & TAKE, you now? ... I think, I would use your platform, when it would be not so easy to download. I don´t want to "squander" what I have programmed by myself and think of that it would be worth to share. And I can imagine, that there will be more Sub37-users, that think the way I think about it.

I would make the Sub37-users in the first step curious by let them just listen to the mp3´s of the uploaded patches. If they want to download a patch, they first have to upload some of there own patches for getting the full features of your sharing-platform. GIVE & TAKE, that´s what I´m missing on your platform. That would give it more quality - I think ...
Just for the sake of completeness, I'll answer this here, too ;-)

The idea is is good. But from my own experience I must say I hate pages that require you to upload stuff to be able to download. Especially if the stuff you download is free anyway.

Even if nobody submits anything, I would be fine with it. Then I'll just submit my own patches. The blog doesn't cause me any work or financial effort.

After all, this page is meant to provide inspiration. And inspiration shouldn't cost anything.

funkpod wrote:Submitted my first patch! Hope it works out well. I have a youtube video of it, i think, coming out soon. Can I edit patch descriptions, etc?
Thank you! I received the patch and will put it up on the page later today.

Editing of patch description etc. is not directly possible, as that would require a user account (something I've tried to avoid, as it would increase the hurdle to submit stuff). But you can send me an email with changes you want done. I'll send you the address in a forum PM.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 am

fwilleke wrote:
funkpod wrote:Submitted my first patch! Hope it works out well. I have a youtube video of it, i think, coming out soon. Can I edit patch descriptions, etc?
Thank you! I received the patch and will put it up on the page later today.

Editing of patch description etc. is not directly possible, as that would require a user account (something I've tried to avoid, as it would increase the hurdle to submit stuff). But you can send me an email with changes you want done. I'll send you the address in a forum PM.
It's up.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Slowtrain

Post by Slowtrain » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks for making that blog fwilleke! I'm looking forward to using it. I'm still learning how to make patches, but I'll upload something if I find a good one.
Moog Sub 37 | Cubase 8.5 | i7 PC | Korg Kronos | Novation Ultranova

oli@sub37

Post by oli@sub37 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 am

Thank you very much for providing this website! It's always great to have a platform to distribute and exchange sounds. I've downloaded a set of patches and they inspired me to soon provide a couple of my own.

IMO, it'd be a bad idea to force users to upload their own work before being able to see/download working patches. That blocks all those who either are not good at programming their own sounds or have no confidence in their own work from being able to learn and get the best out of their Sub 37. Which would be a pity. Therefore such a resource should be open and prodiving content should always be optional.

However, I think a platform like that should actually be provided by Moog Inc. For each of their synths (also for discontinued products).
Because a good platform, providing free high quality content, with an active community, is a huge selling point for the hardware!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
Voyager RME #1273 | Sub 37 #8490 with SSQ37 Update | Virus TI2 | Elektron MD MNM A4 | Roland SE-02 | Behringer Model D
Mac OS X 10.14 | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | MainStage 3 | RME UFX+

funkpod

Post by funkpod » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Hey, add this youtube clip or link to the SHut Up and Dance LEad I submitted!

https://youtu.be/ioahhH4mRWs
Mac OS X, 10.9.5
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Nexus 6, Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Android, baby!)
Kurzweil PC-88MX
Moog SUB 37

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 am

OK, done.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram