Realistic Concertmate, MG-1 for sale.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
b4thedownfall

Realistic Concertmate, MG-1 for sale.

Post by b4thedownfall » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:09 pm

look this aint no joke, I have one and im trying to get rid of it.. It is really my guitar players who i live withs, dads, and he like traded it for somethign in like the 80s... and like he never touched it after that... its in like the same box ans bleep so its like new.. the box is a little messaed up from like just being old as hell and like from moving and bleep but like i really need to money and i need to get this thing off my hands.. im going to put it on ebay soon and i was told i could get up to like 500 hundred for it...but ill take like 400... hit me up either by email at [email protected] or on aim, at b4thedownfall or if you have myspace at www.myspace.com/themessagethroughwords or www.myspace.com/xohshitx or www.myspace.com/beforethedownfall

This is no con no joke its legit..

The Unknown

Re: Realistic Concertmate, MG-1 for sale.

Post by The Unknown » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:17 pm

"This is no con no joke its legit."

Yes, and my command of the English language is even worse than, like, yours.
It is better to be loved or hated than to be regarded with indifference.
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.
If the past is ill, make the future better.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:44 pm

even if I spoke like that... would I type it out too?

Broseph, take that thing over to ebay.com ...most of us on here already have 2.

endocrine

Post by endocrine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:19 pm

like you like guys like are like being like ass holes...like
"You can't touch me 'cause your hands are made of metal."
-Alabama Jihad

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 pm

I've posted a review of this synth and estimated value on the other thread that was opened for it -

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2336

I think it was a bit much to jump on this guy because he mistakenly used the word `Minimoog' in his original post.

His suggested price of $400 seems reasonable from the site I looked at if this is a synth that anyone here would want, but someone else has now posted with what could be a more accurage estimate.

Perhaps all of us have higher end Moogs and wouldn't be interested. But does anyone have experience of this instrument? I'm just thinking - there was a guy here not long ago who wants a Moog but can't afford a Voyager or a Mini.

martin

Post by martin » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 pm

i owned a rogue once and found it really good. ok the sound is not like a mini. but with some practice you could get some very nice full basses out of it, and leads can just sing. i guess the mg1 may be similar.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm

i have an mg-1 (i played it on the myspace songs linked below). its a fun synth, but the sound it creates is sort of limited. a good/cheap way to obtain that 'filtery moog sound'

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:26 pm

I've just emailed a guy who was asking in December if anyone knows where he could find one of these, and also analogcontrolfreak, the guy who wanted a Moog synth but couldn't afford a Mini or a Voyager.

This may not be the right synth for analogcontrolfreak, but it made sense to let him know so he could check it out.

b4thedownfall

Post by b4thedownfall » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Thanks for the good response guys...Yea so i dont use moog nor any other kind of synch, i want to get into MPC's but yea i play in a hardcore band all i do is freaking scream so i am just trying to get rid of this thing...

joshbdork

Post by joshbdork » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:53 pm

i just recently sold mine, but found it was a nice simple synth. good for someone who is just getting into synths and synth terms. i now have a source and i can notice a big difference in the sound. I highly recommend a mg-1.

johnll

Post by johnll » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 pm

Sweep wrote:But does anyone have experience of this instrument? I'm just thinking - there was a guy here not long ago who wants a Moog but can't afford a Voyager or a Mini.
A friend lent me one after I lost my Arp Odyssey in a fire. I think it has a lot of potential. It would be a good beginner's synth, but also, the more you know about synths, on some level, the more you can get out of it, because you can work around its limitations. Two oscillators, one LFO, one ASR, S/H and a ringmod. The only thing that really limits it is that you can't separate the effect that LFO or S/H has on the oscillators. What happens to one happens to the other. Beyond that, it's portable, flexible, sounds good. There's the whole black goo problem that affects this and, I believe, the Rogue as well. But I've seen three of these things, and, despite the black goo, they still sounded okay.