RUMORS - not of the Fleetwood Mac nature

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
HookedOnSonics

RUMORS - not of the Fleetwood Mac nature

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Has the entire Voyager line including XL come to a production end? Any substance to the rumor that a polymoog will be exhibited at Moogfest for future release?
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

jsharpphoto

Re: RUMORS - not of the Fleetwood Mac nature

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:37 pm

I was told in early january that the XL was NOT discontinued. Only the RME and the regular voyagers. As far as polymoog goes, i know nothing, and don't care.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 am

It is rather not a rumor that the Moog guys will be taken by the hand of their parents on one of the next sunday mornings to make a visit in a museum for polyphonic instruments to get to know for the first time.
And I`ll be sure when they`ll be there and catch sight of the barrel organ they`ll run like hell to and shout: "Oh mom, daddy, can I have one like that ! "
And on the next NAMM 2017 they will all be lined up on their stand, dressed in checkered suites, with propeller neck tie, red nose, grey bowler hat and a monkey on their shoulder while moving the crank round and round................
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

paramnesia

Post by paramnesia » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 am

PSE/EB/RME/OS/Aluminum Voyager discontinued. End of Life announcement correlated to the last 600 units for sale

XL production still going for an undetermined period of time...
Sub37TE V1.2 / 4 X CP-251, 3 x MF-104M, MF-102, MF-107, MF-108M, 4 x Mother32, MP-201
My Eurorack https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2268669
My Pedal Board https://www.modulargrid.net/p/racks/view/461843

nickster

Post by nickster » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Rumor has it that a new 4 voice poly is coming around the corner soon based on the phatty voice. Also Moog will release a Minimoog remake but exactly what this means is unclear. The hope is it will not be a collectors only item, but a tool for musicians. If there was any synth that should be re-released the mini has to sit pretty high up on the list.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Over 12 000 Minimoog D were produced between 1971 and 1981. More than enough remain on the used market in good condition to satisfy everyone. No need for a modern re-issue which, by the way, the Voyager is.

What we need is a modern, 8 voice polyphonic Moog. But that won't happen because the price would be prohibitive.

My two cents on it.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

nickster

Post by nickster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:10 am

"Over 12 000 Minimoog D were produced between 1971 and 1981" I don't know the figures exactly but I would hazard a guess that despite the large initial sales there are probably not that many that are presently available to purchase and looking at current prices for these near antiques they are on the whole out of the reach of most musicians pockets. I see today you can pick on up for a mere $10,000 on Ebay today! The Voyager although marketed as such was not really a Mini it was something more than one and it's price (more than an Eight voice Poly synth) made it a difficult purchase choice to make in the last few years. If Korg can re-release the ARP Odyssey then surly a reasonably priced Mini would grab everyone by their short and curlies! Of course a poly monster Moog would be a beautiful thing but I guess it would need to price itself near to DSI or Oberheim to compete.

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:26 am

thealien666 wrote:Over 12 000 Minimoog D were produced between 1971 and 1981. More than enough remain on the used market in good condition to satisfy everyone. No need for a modern re-issue which, by the way, the Voyager is......
Just to "quote" you directly..........more than "enough" Polymoogs remain on the used market,,, :lol: ....and more than "enough" Memorymoogs remain on the used market.... :lol: .....
thealien666 wrote:.....What we need is a modern, 8 voice polyphonic Moog. But that won't happen because the price would be prohibitive.

My two cents on it.
............... :wink: ............Don`t stick too much with your eyes on the Moog brand.............
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:34 pm

I missed the part where there is an abundance of Model Ds available at prices that are NOT prohibitive. :?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:17 am

(off topic) Kenneth, I love the Roosevelt quote in your signature. Very appropriate not just for forums like this, but an enlightened mentality altogether. Good show.
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:06 am

Kenneth wrote:I missed the part where there is an abundance of Model Ds available at prices that are NOT prohibitive. :?
BULL`S EYE ! This seems really to be a major (and mabe only) reason for Moog to have a pretty good benefit from.
Also nickster described this above pretty fine
**** with everyone.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:08 pm

Just because someone lists a Model D for $8K doesn't mean that people have to buy them at that price. There are reasonable deals that come up all the time. Patience is key.

I got mine for 3850, some would still consider that a little high.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 am

EricK wrote:Just because someone lists a Model D for $8K doesn't mean that people have to buy them at that price. There are reasonable deals that come up all the time. Patience is key.

I got mine for 3850, some would still consider that a little high.
Yes, your absolutely right.

I got mine in `82 for for 3600,- German bucks, new. That was a hell of a money at that time. Not only that I`d do it again and again, if I were very rich I`d pay seriously one Million $ for, without hesitating.........and I can assure I`m not crazy :D ...........only from time to time... :lol:
**** with everyone.

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:15 pm

It would probably be easier to make a gem-encrusted Rubik's cube than it would to make a true analog polyphonic synth. :wink:

The thing about our beloved Model D is that there's not been one universal standard for maintaining them since Moog went out of business. Even Kevin's methods of restoring Minis changed over the years. Collectors have driven the price up, naturally. It was always my opinion that restoring a Mini for a collector was a shame, because a well-restored Mini is one heck of an instrument and deserves to be played on a daily basis. :)
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 am

luckynerd wrote:It would probably be easier to make a gem-encrusted Rubik's cube than it would to make a true analog polyphonic synth. :wink:
Nope, it IS possible, and can be verified for a reasonable price, "fully" analog, but the modulations LFOs, ENVs, etc., must be done by software. If also (completely) analog it would really become unpayable...............
luckynerd wrote: The thing about our beloved Model D is that there's not been one universal standard for maintaining them since Moog went out of business. WWell,Even Kevin's methods of restoring Minis changed over the years. Collectors have driven the price up, naturally. It was always my opinion that restoring a Mini for a collector was a shame, because a well-restored Mini is one heck of an instrument and deserves to be played on a daily basis. :)
Well, I think, it`s a 50/50 contemplation. On one side it`s TOO BAD to do all rehersals on, bang down the keys steadily and wear down the electronics.
Instruments like these should all be well preserved as much as possible, but also as much as possible they should be used for recordings and if on stage its cut through the mix with ALL its sound qualities is guarantied, there they should be used as much as well.
But on the other side most of all live players know what it means to carry the gear all around.........all that stuff won`t get newer and newer by doing this...........
**** with everyone.