Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
ChiLam

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by ChiLam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Bryan B wrote:Glad to help! I just spent my last money on some more pieces, so I will have to pass on your sweet Yamaha synthesizer.

I finally found a Roland MSQ-600 (CV memory sequencer) and a Waldorf Pulse (I used to have one and stupidly traded it off for an Oberheim SEM). I need to be done buying things for a while, until Moog offers me the chance to buy a reproduction of their original Moog Filter.
That's too bad - but you missed your chance anyway. I got a offer within 5mins of posting to trade up for a Bontempi Minstrel with 4 broken keys! I will do the repairs myself and absolutely cannot wait to let rip on her, chords and all - something i doubt even your behemoth is capable of doing! :wink:

Good luck with the Moog filter - I noticed alot of folks around are hoping Moog break into the modular world, some have even tried modding units like the Minitaur to fit into their racks with good results.

lushr

Post by lushr » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 am

This is the thread I've been looking for!
This is the first time in years I've been happy, having a non-working studio has been endless frustrations! It just gets me down that I can't just play! Well now I can!

Three tier keyboard stand, a whole bunch of cables and a few utility gadgets later! Just waiting on a beatstep pro now!

Casio MT65
Korg MicroSample
Korg MicroKorg
Korg Volca Beats, Keys, Bass
Korg Monotribe
Arturia Microbrute
Moog Sub 37
Roland TR-606
Moog Little Phatty Stage II
Korg Poly 61
Yamaha YC-25D
Korg Polysix

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Very nice Moog shrine, EricK ! 8)
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Buchla dreams on the wall behind?

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Eric,

Nice set up. You do need a Mellotron for your 70's reg.

rbmusic

Post by rbmusic » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:37 am

I write music for a living and i dont have a ton of space so everything i use, ive had to be quite strategic about how it will assist, fill in gaps in sound pallet etc.
I use cubase Pro 8 as my main composing software coupled to a Win 7 8 core Haswell E X99, 64gb ram, about 5 hard drives/SSD
So all in i have a huge amount of sample libraries and a few favourite soft synths like Bazille which gets a decent amount of action

All this runs through a UAD Apollo as my interface. Monitors are Focal CMS65's and ref headphones AKG K702's

For hardware i use a Virus TI2 as my overall main controller and obviously for its synth duties.
Roland D50 (more for my own nostalgia kick)
Roland JP8000 In white.
Roland JV1080 with Vintage card (again more nostalgia but its still a great pad and FX maker)
Moog Sub 37 Tribute (YAY we got a Moog in there lol)
Nord A1r
Roland Aira TR8 and TB3.
Novation Bass Station II (although this has been largely phased out by the Moog so will probably go)

Warwick Corvette Bass
Musicman Stingray 3EQ model Bass
Hapi Tongue Drum
Violin

I love my job, and i love using hardware intergrated into the setup. All of which is synced to cubase for rock solid timing for arps and LFO's.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 am

Just bumping this thread because I hate to see it fall to deep into the abyss.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:51 pm

My current setup.
IMG_2011.JPG
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:57 pm

If someone could please explain to me how to post a picture on this forum, I'd love to post one up. :mrgreen:
Minimoog Model D / Moog Little Phatty TE / DSI Prophet 08 / Elektron Digitone / Elektron Octatrack Mkii / Clavia Nord Wave / Nord Drum II / Clavia Nord Lead 3 / Roland TR-707 / Roland TB-03 / Korg MS-20 / Access Virus TI 2 Polar / Roland SH-101 /:mrgreen:

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:10 pm

below the window to type a reply, there are two tabs, "Options" and "upload attachment".

"upload attachment"
select photo
add the file
place inline.

Submit.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:10 pm

If you have an image hosting server like flickr or images on facebook you can copy the image address from there and insert the [ img ] and [ /img ] bookends on there.

Or in some instances you can click on upload attachment and do it that way.

Let's see what you got.

Cool Pic, JS!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Just did a complete makeover of my basement studio
wallofsound-mc-2016-01.JPG
wallofsound-mc-2016-02.JPG
Last edited by MC on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:37 pm

I used to have 5-tiered stands but they proved to be too tall. They were replaced with 3-tiered stands on each side of the master MIDI controller (Kurzweil MIDIBoard). Besides being easier to tweak sounds, I like the sightlines not being blocked. I moved them inward on the flanks so I could play them while playing the MIDI controller and even the top boards on both sides are a comfortable reach.
wallofsound-mc-2016-03.JPG
The synth system. I placed the taller stands at the rear of the layout since sightline is not a concern there. The companion subwoofers for the monitors are under the Polymoog. Since bass frequencies are largely radiant it was not important to have them directional. Subwoofers are an absolute necessity for punchy drums and bass synths.
wallofsound-mc-2016-04.JPG
Last edited by MC on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:44 pm

I knew I could not fit all the synths within reach of the MIDI controller so I had to compromise. I put the synths requiring minimal tweaking that can be MIDI controlled behind me. MIDI retrofits are planned for the T1 and FVS, unfortunately there is no possible MIDI retrofit for the Polymoog. The Polymoog was my first Moog and my first polysynth and although being outclassed by the other polysynths it is the only board I kept for sentimental reasons.

It was not possible to have the Taurus pedals on the floor in any playing position by the MIDI controller. Since they are MIDI controlled, that is why they are behind me. Not shown is a Taurus 2 controller that I am retrofitting as a MIDI controller for the pedals. The Taurus pedals are actually very solid on the Standtastic stands and still a comfortable reach. The Source and Taurus pedals are the simplest synths to tweak and will need less tweaking as I build my library of patches, so they didn't need to be perfectly accessible. I would had liked to put the FVS up front but it is too big and I couldn't find a tier arrangement on the shorter stand near the MIDI controller to my liking - in order to have a synth on a tier above it and still access the controls on the SEMs, the FVS would had protruded too far forward into the limited leg room.
wallofsound-mc-2016-07.JPG
Last edited by MC on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.