EQ pedal for Voyager?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
minimax

EQ pedal for Voyager?

Post by minimax » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:00 pm

I am looking for a cheap way to brighten up the sound of my Voyager and bring out the frequencies. Would any of the Boss or Behringer 7 band EQ pedals work ( in mono out of RH output) or would I need a stereo EQ rack unit? I am conscious of possible level issues as EQ set up for guitar. Any suggestions?
Minimoog model D, Minimoog Voyager Keyboard, Hammond SK1, Leslie 145', Korg Kronos workstation.

jsharpphoto

Re: EQ pedal for Voyager?

Post by jsharpphoto » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:08 pm

The pedal you want is a BBE Sonic Stomp. Run it in the mixer out/filter in effects loop of the voyager.

$67 on Amazon. It totally wakes up the voyager.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

minimax

Post by minimax » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 am

Now have BBE Sonic Stomp in situ after my ART Tube MP. It has really brightened up the Voyager and given more presence. I have recently purchased a Model D. I have not had a great deal of time doing side by side but with perseverance the Voyager sounds pretty close. The Forum is a great source of useful info. Jsharpphoto Thanks again for the tip!
Minimoog model D, Minimoog Voyager Keyboard, Hammond SK1, Leslie 145', Korg Kronos workstation.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 pm

EHX Graphic Fuzz is nice. Adds distortion also.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:32 am

I'm running a Sonic Stomp and a EHX Bass Big Muff Deluxe in my voyager effects loop. It sounds outstanding. The muff adds thickness to the sound, but since it has a blend knob, it's totally controllable. The pedal also has a buffered output of the dry signal, which is perfect for routing back to the audio input for overdriving the filter without damaging the headphone jack, and you can still use the headphone jack for its intended purpose. The muff also has an interesting crossover feature. It sends the dry signal through a low pass, and the wet through a high pass, each with their own filter cutoff. It's great for keeping really overdriven sounds from getting too muddy.

In fact, I liked this pedal combo so much, I made them a permanent component in my system.
image.jpeg
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2