Sub Phatty Problems. [Solved]

Everything Sub.
DjWillMcGlone

Sub Phatty Problems. [Solved]

Post by DjWillMcGlone » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:39 pm

I am going to try posting here since it took tech support two weeks to reply to my last email and never got a call back when I left a message on the phone support earlier this month. I did send a reply email early this morning but I think two weeks is a bit long to wait considering I have some music projects I need to get completed soon. Hopefully somebody has had a similar issue and resolved it and can give me some tips.

Anyhow, I am running Windows 10 home (64bit) with focusrite sapphire pro24dsp. I followed the driver update / firmware update that was sent by Taylor (I had to do it on my Mac laptop because the Windows PC does not recognize Moog Sub Phatty as a USB device in the firmware c6 utility). Also did a pot calibration included in the files he sent. Somewhere between these updates my Sub Phatty's Filter Envelopes (Decay) and EG Amount quit responding in Stand Alone (activate panel) mode. However, it seems to working in the VST mode (when notes are not hanging). Even when I disconnect the USB and DIMMs from the PC this problem is still there. It also seems to have a bit of white noise (only when I press a note/key) that was not there prior to these updates suggested.

Another thing is the driver installer sent does not seem to install the driver to the proper folder on windows 10 where the drivers are located. It just created a program folder Moog music (with all the drivers files there vs installing in the system folder). I moved these files over to system32/drivers but there could be another spot these need to put some of these files. I did notice that afterI did this, the standalone editor no longer said hardware disconnected because it recognized it through the DIMMs (shows PRO24DSP MIDI- which is my audio interface midi) but still does not recognize the Moog USB like it does on the Mac. Last but not least, this was done after the Moog started having issues so this is not related to the filter decay EG issue.

Things I have tried.
1) Updating firmware multiple times. I even tried using the old firmware update (not knowing if the old firmware would even work).
2) Resetting to factory defaults, init preset, global on the panel.
3) Pot calibration two more times.

I am also going to post a video so you all can see what I am talking about. Please note, that I have mod wheel all the way down and that i was using OSC 2 vs OSC 1 , but both have the same behavior.

VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/l2FyePxoyrc
(Excuse my bird in the background he gets a little excited when I make noises :) )

Please Help if you have any suggestions.
Last edited by DjWillMcGlone on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DjWillMcGlone

Re: Sub Phatty Problems. (Help)

Post by DjWillMcGlone » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 pm

This has been solved as of now. It started working when I did another pot calibration (3rd time).

furiousgreencloud

Re: Sub Phatty Problems. [Solved]

Post by furiousgreencloud » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Glad you got this fix, can you post (a link?) on how to do a pot calibration?

Control_Voltage

Re: Sub Phatty Problems. [Solved]

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here. My apologies if you were unable to reach us, we strive to be available to assist with these issues, and I am very sorry your communications fell through the cracks.

For future reference you can reach Tech Support at the following emails and phone extensions at Moog:

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

If you send an email or leave a message and you do not hear back within 24 hours, feel free to contact any of the other agents listed above. Any of us should be able to assist with any of your tech support needs, and we thank you in advance for your patience as we do receive quite a lot of emails and phone calls. We want to give every customer the individual personal attention they deserve, and this can be a challenge with all of the different permutations a studio setup can manifest, so we do our best to provide detailed and in-depth answers to each customer. This can result in a delay with email communications of 24-72 hours, so if your need is urgent, please do not hesitate to call us. :)

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Manager
Moog Music, Inc.