Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Flareless

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by Flareless » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Can't afford the entry price for Moog Modulars so I've ordered a synthesizers.com system. To start I've got the 22 space walnut case, Q137 Power / Control Interface, Q174 MIDI Interface, Q175 MIDI Interface Aid, Q124 Multiples 2 Q106 Oscillators, 2 Q109 Envelope Generators, Q110 Noise Source, Q107 State Variable Filter and Q108 Amplifier.

Slowly but surely this will evolve into a monster modular wall :mrgreen:

I'm currently sussing out which DIY modules I'm going to order from Oakley this weekend.

I'll bet they'll play nice with my Sub 37. I'll have to wait 'till the end of October when it arrives to find out.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:12 pm

An early Christmas present! The latest Dotcom module from Roger - the Q167 LFO++
LFO_Front.jpg
LFO_Rear.jpg

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:23 am

Just arrived today... my new Kilpatrick Audio Phenol synth! Goes great with my three Moog Mother-32s!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Latest new toy: Mellotron M4000D Rack! :D
Demo: https://youtu.be/Z8BpyeVpq3c
Mini music video test: https://youtu.be/1RuaE4cC-K4
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

zen4one

Post by zen4one » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Minitaur arrived yesterday, to go with my Sub 37! No one mentioned that Mooger Foogers are like Tribbles - grabbed a new MF-104M delay from Sweetwater last shipment, and all of a sudden I have a used MF-102 Ring Mod and a MF-105M Midi MuRF showing up :D

Can't wait until next week when the new keyboard desk shows up to start turning the study into a studio!

zen4one
~ Ward ~ zen4one ~

Moog Sub 37, Mother 32, Minitaur, CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-105M, M-107
Other Akai Advance 49, Beatstep Pro
System Windows 10 Pro, Ableton Live 9.6, Scarlett 6i6, MOTU micro lite

red

Post by red » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:19 am

3 mother 32

... and a happy new year !
::red

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 am

I traded my Pro-2 for it, so technically it's not a purchase, but I did just get a gently used MFB Dominion-1. It sounds wonderful. Crisp, warm, punchy analog is so refreshing after all those digital waveforms. :D
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 am

My friend argues that the Dominion is superior to the Voyager.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:00 am

EricK wrote:My friend argues that the Dominion is superior to the Voyager.
You mean your ex-friend, right? :)

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:16 am

My MFB Kraftzwerg is superior to my ex-Voyager Old School, but inferior to my Minimoog D (but not my much).

;-)
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 pm

Back in October I posted about my upcoming Dotcom modular which I had on order. It is freaking incredible! The sounds it produces are stunning and I love using the modular format. While my Sub 37 is awesome there is something more man/machine about using a modular. No questions about how something is set or what my be configured under the hood that I can't see.

Since purchasing the original modular I've added a few modules including one I just finished tonight. Some modules are purchased complete (from synthesizers.com) while others are DIY which I built myself. They include;

Dotcom
Q115 Reverb
Q125 Signal Processor
Q117 Sample & Hold

Oakley
RM 4014 Ring Modulator
Dual LFO
Multi Mixer

yuSynth
Minimoog Filter Clone

Moogah
SEM VCF (completed tonight)

I've filled my 22 space cabinet and have contracted a 44 space cabinet to be built. With the weak Canadian dollar purchasing the Dotcom 44 cabinet (which is beautiful) would cost me over $1200. The cabinetmaker working on my cabinet is using walnut and designing it to the same size specs as the Dotcom for a several hundred less than I can get the Dotcom for. With the money I save I CAN BUY MORE MODULES!!!

With some of that money I've got another Q106 Oscillator coming as well as a new Q103 Power Interface Module to connect my new cabinet to my existing 22 space cabinet. Oh and the 40 module wiring harness. Finally - more patch cables. You can never have enough patch cables!

So those have been my latest purchases!

Here's the SEM VCF I finished tonight

EDIT: Q106 in last paragraph changed from "filter" to "oscillator" - Thanks GregAE!
Last edited by Flareless on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:52 am

Congrats on that system, Flareless! At some point, consider also picking up an oscilloscope - it's a great tool for seeing exactly what's happening in the signal chain. Doesn't have to be expensive to get the job done. Here's my EBay-special:
Scope.jpg
Flareless wrote: With some of that money I've got another Q106 filter coming as well...
I'm assuming you meant the Q107 SVF filter; the Q106 is the oscillator. :shock:
Flareless wrote: You can never have enough patch cables!
True dat!

- Greg

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks Greg!

In fact, I did pick up a Hantek 6022BE USB Oscilloscope a while back. It runs on PC based software, however, it works on my Mac running on Windows 7 operating under Parallels. The only drawback is that due to time slicing the display is a bit choppy, however, it still works ok.

I am planning to get a dedicated Scope from eBay though. The deals are just too good!

Thanks for the correction. Actually it is the Q106 Oscillator that I have on order. My goal for Q106s is 10 plus I'd like oscillators from other manufacturers as well. Running my PAiA 9720 oscillators into the mix has yielded some very cool results!

Rich

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am

Flareless wrote:My goal for Q106s is 10 plus I'd like oscillators from other manufacturers as well.
OKay, I'll bite - why so many Q106's? Consider adding maybe a few Q167's, which will do double duty as audio & LFO in a single space (plus will give you some waveforms & a built-in ASR EG). As your system gets larger, you'll appreciate the efficient use of space in modules like these

As for other manufacturers, I can recommend the Corsynth 'Odyssey of Sound VCO', which has some unique features such as a built-in Ring Modulator and modulatable (?) sine and sawtooth waves. It's design is closer to that of an ARP oscillator in that it has a large Frequency control instead of a Range switch (like the Q106).

Speaking of Corsynth, consider also their C103 Freq Divider/Multiplier, a single space module that will get you sub- and super- octaves. I use it a lot to beef-up/add color to a simple single osc sound.
Flareless wrote:Running my PAiA 9720 oscillators into the mix has yielded some very cool results!
I still have a few 2700-series modules (we're going WAY back now) that I hope to resurrect at some point just to try them out... :D

- Greg

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Flareless,
Mos-lab makes great products and the moog-style 921ABBB is a very compact way to cram several oscs in a limited space. His 921 might be one to get but he doesn't have it on his website yet though.

System is looking good!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.