Fuzz Guitar through CP-251 Lag Processor

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
facon

Fuzz Guitar through CP-251 Lag Processor

Post by facon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:06 am

I decided to try audio through the CP-251's lag processor section. I'm sure this is nothing new to most, but I never thought of it until now. My idea was to try a Big Muff through it to see if I could smooth it out. And it kinda worked. I know it works better for LFOs, but it still had an effect on things in the audible range. I didn't find the fall knob to be very useful for this application.

Raising the rise time acted a little bit like a low pass filter for the first half. Turning it up to the first mark made the Big Muff sound a little smoother. It also had a compressed bloom to it. Kinda like what guitar players refer to as sag. It sounded cool for leads. A little too dark for my taste on anything in the lower register. Might be great for somebody that finds their fuzz to be a bit too thin and harsh.

Turning the rise up past half way turned it into something like a gate. It was reminicant of the gate on a Fuzz Factory. You could go between a little bit of the Velcro sound, to making it sound like a blown speaker. Worth a shot for anybody looking to experiment.

Alien8

Re: Fuzz Guitar through CP-251 Lag Processor

Post by Alien8 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:37 am

That's an awesome result - definitely need to try this - thanks!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

facon

Post by facon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:59 pm

I forgot to mention that the more you add to the rise time, the lower the volume output gets. So it will need to be compensated for.

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks! I would never have thought that this would work. Looking forward to try it!
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

Headphones

Post by Headphones » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm

This was for guitar or synth you tried this?

You know what this could mean don't you? All of us are going to find all the other pedals out there to see what cool things we might discover if the voltages will work.

Oh well. I've already known I'll be broke most of 2016 in one way or another!