Knobtweak group

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
music.maker

Knobtweak group

Post by music.maker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:50 am

Is there a way to get into the Yahoo Knobtweak group without a Yahoo account ? I would like to download the default sound banks A~G (which are not on the Moog download page) and other Voyager resources. It seems that all the Orwellian companies such as Google, Microsoft and also Yahoo now decided to make mobile phone numbers mandatory to create an account (under the excuse of so called enhanced security) and I am not so into that. (Yes, I am probably alone in this world who does not like to give away their personal information, sorry for existing...)

GregAE

Re: Knobtweak group

Post by GregAE » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:00 am

music.maker -

Send me a PM.

- Greg

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:35 am

music.maker wrote:Is there a way to get into the Yahoo Knobtweak group without a Yahoo account ? I would like to download the default sound banks A~G (which are not on the Moog download page) and other Voyager resources. It seems that all the Orwellian companies such as Google, Microsoft and also Yahoo now decided to make mobile phone numbers mandatory to create an account (under the excuse of so called enhanced security) and I am not so into that. (Yes, I am probably alone in this world who does not like to give away their personal information, sorry for existing...)
I agree. It's these sorts of practices that makes me stay away from Yahoo groups and Google accounts.
Much better to have resources on an easily accessible website otherwise, most people can't be bothered.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:16 am

vinnyburns wrote:
music.maker wrote:Is there a way to get into the Yahoo Knobtweak group without a Yahoo account ? I would like to download the default sound banks A~G (which are not on the Moog download page) and other Voyager resources. It seems that all the Orwellian companies such as Google, Microsoft and also Yahoo now decided to make mobile phone numbers mandatory to create an account (under the excuse of so called enhanced security) and I am not so into that. (Yes, I am probably alone in this world who does not like to give away their personal information, sorry for existing...)
I agree. It's these sorts of practices that makes me stay away from Yahoo groups and Google accounts.
Much better to have resources on an easily accessible website otherwise, most people can't be bothered.
Same here. I refuse to disclose my mobile number just to access a group or my email.

Years ago Yahoo demanded your personal email address in order to sign up for Yahoo email. They had a policy against sharing with third parties back then. I had my doubts and I created an email account that I never use and gave that to Yahoo. A short time later it got spammed, and only Yahoo had that email addy.

Yahoo figured out that people were using honeypot accounts to ignore the spam and started demanding mobile phone numbers. That's when I left for good.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

music.maker

Post by music.maker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello Greg. PM sent. Thanks a lot !