Problem clocking Mother-32 With Eventide H9.

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
slaughtrhaus

Problem clocking Mother-32 With Eventide H9.

Post by slaughtrhaus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Hey folks-
I'm trying to clock my Mother-32 with the Eventide H9. The H9 is sending clock just fine. I can use it to tap-tempo my Octatrack, SPD-SX, and Virus but not the Mother-32. The Mother clocks to the Octatrack fine, but I'm trying to make an OT-free rig for a specific purpose. Any ideas?

jido-genshi

Re: Problem clocking Mother-32 With Eventide H9.

Post by jido-genshi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:45 pm

slaughtrhaus wrote:Hey folks-
I'm trying to clock my Mother-32 with the Eventide H9. The H9 is sending clock just fine. I can use it to tap-tempo my Octatrack, SPD-SX, and Virus but not the Mother-32. The Mother clocks to the Octatrack fine, but I'm trying to make an OT-free rig for a specific purpose. Any ideas?
I'll try this out today... I have an ambient live performance coming up on the 26th and I wanted to not bring my Octatrack and instead use my Eventide H9 for effects, so this will be a good chance to test this out.

slaughtrhaus

Post by slaughtrhaus » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 am

Was hoping you would see this. Thanks in advance for trying. I'll do my best to get out to the gig if I can.

slaughtrhaus

Post by slaughtrhaus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Was sorta hoping someone at Moog would chime in too...

Are there different types of Midi clock signal? The Eventide H9 clocks (and by that I mean I can tap the tempo and change the tempo of another device) all of my other gear except the Mother-32. Just seems odd that this is the only piece of gear (even pedals work) that it won't clock, maybe my unit is defective?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:09 am

slaughtrhaus wrote:Was sorta hoping someone at Moog would chime in too...
Hi slaughtrhaus,

The best way to communicate with Moog is to contact them directly:

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

slaughtrhaus

Post by slaughtrhaus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:51 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
slaughtrhaus wrote:Was sorta hoping someone at Moog would chime in too...
Hi slaughtrhaus,

The best way to communicate with Moog is to contact them directly:

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217
Thanks. Will do.

slaughtrhaus

Post by slaughtrhaus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Just to close out the thread-
I never heard back from Moog, Eventide, or anyone else I tried to contact about it. It doesn't matter, I decided I can't live without the Octatrack even in a small setup so I have all the clock I need now. I am still curious what the difference between the two is since the Mother is the only thing that won't clock to the H9, but it's not as important now I guess...thanks for the help and suggestions all.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:45 am

slaughtrhaus wrote:Just to close out the thread-
I never heard back from Moog, Eventide, or anyone else I tried to contact about it. It doesn't matter, I decided I can't live without the Octatrack even in a small setup so I have all the clock I need now. I am still curious what the difference between the two is since the Mother is the only thing that won't clock to the H9, but it's not as important now I guess...thanks for the help and suggestions all.
I'm so sorry and didn't get to it yet, been super busy with the new day job... but I am off tomorrow (Tuesday) and the next day, so I am going to try and test this. Finally. :oops:

slaughtrhaus

Post by slaughtrhaus » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:16 pm

jido-genshi wrote: I'm so sorry and didn't get to it yet, been super busy with the new day job... but I am off tomorrow (Tuesday) and the next day, so I am going to try and test this. Finally. :oops:
All good man. Let me know how it turns out, maybe you'll have better luck than me. Be sure and PM the info for that show over at GS, I'm gonna try and drag a bro or two out if i can...