Ethervox Midi Instruction Manual

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
rsims

Post by rsims » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 pm

Greetings to the Thereminists of the World --

I am the proud owner of an Ethervox Midi (serial number 005). My dilemma is that during a recent move, the instruction manual was lost. I understand that Ethervox owners are few . . . Moog Music tells me that less than 50 units were sold during its production. However, if there is an Ethervox player/owner who is willing to share a copy of the manual, I would be most indebted.

Attempts to obtain a copy of the Ethervox instruction manual through Moog Music have been to no avail. Moog's tech guru, Amos Gaynes, has not been able to locate a copy. Hopefully, the Theremin community will be more successful.
Ron Sims

Erik

Number 44 here

Post by Erik » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:01 am

Hello Ron,
I have the instruction manual. It is easy to copy, since it is in a binder. I would be glad to copy it for you. We Ethervox owners should stay in touch! Mine is ebony black, like a piano, not wood grain.
A great place to get good Theremin info is theremin world.
http://www.thereminworld.com/default.asp
I may be able to just scan the manual and send the digital image to you instead of make a hard copy.
I am going out of town for a few days, but if you are interested let me know and I will do it when I return. Believe me, you NEED the manual and even then, the manual is not that user friendly. Great to link up with another vox owner!
E

rsims

Post by rsims » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:53 am

Erik --

You have absolutely made my day . . . if not the whole year! I would be whole-heartedly indebted to you if an electronic scan of the Ethervox manual was made and emailed to me as an attachment.

Your black ebony Ethervox must be gorgeous. Have you made photos of the instrument? If so, it should be posted for thereminists to enjoy. My theremin is beautiful and, as you can imagine, pampered in order to maintain that beauty.

Again, thank you so much for your caring and help. I really look forward to hearing from you.

Ron
Ron Sims

Erik

Email m e!

Post by Erik » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:19 am

Hey Ron,
email me at [email protected] and we can make the swap! I am happy to share. Do you have Clara Rockmore's method book? She insisted it always be free, and I think that spirit should apply to sharing manuals, too. :)

Tanto

Re: Email m e!

Post by Tanto » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Erik wrote:Hey Ron,
email me at [email protected] and we can make the swap! I am happy to share. Do you have Clara Rockmore's method book? She insisted it always be free, and I think that spirit should apply to sharing manuals, too. :)
Same here...in desperate need of a scan of the Ethervox's manual!

Tanto

Re: Ethervox Midi Instruction Manual

Post by Tanto » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:09 am

Anyone? ! :shock: