Final countdown...Voyager RME

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
music.maker

Final countdown...Voyager RME

Post by music.maker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:41 am

This is the day before the day I might order an RME. Considered an P6, P8, P12 and among others. But the Voyager may be no more and who knows if there will be anything new or better in 2016 or 2017 ? So much worried if soon there will be none new Voyagers left to buy and if this (new Out of the box) unit may have a technical problem (living in Asia). I will mainly play from MIDI and someone said it is not good (no idea why), Some mentioned back-light problems, some say OSC warm-up/tuning problems .. but without a Moog at home, I never will experience and learn that Moog sound. Is it worth the potential suffering of technical issues and further service/maintenance costs? Give me some support and confidence that everything will be all-right to help me in my decision to press that buy button which will dig in these not so deep pockets ..! :-) Then the VX351/352 are next.. Thanks....

DonutDude

Re: Final countdown...Voyager RME

Post by DonutDude » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:13 pm

I love my Voyager RME. They are very reliable and I believe there is very little risk you will encounter any problems. If you can afford it, get it. You won't be sorry.

music.maker

Post by music.maker » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 am

Not much feedback here. But well, just bought an RME. Thought about and Electric Blue but my thoughts were than an RME is perhaps more reliable than an EB since it does not have lot of mechanical moving parts, it's also a lot lighter and less space consuming costs less and thus more economical, in my particular case. Hope I won't regret this. I am pretty late to the Voyager party and there might be something new soon. I don't really care they might decrease in market value. It's a Moog and it's a Voyager. Perhaps Moog with have a new flagship keyboard version (and hopefully less heavy one) on NAMM and I will save $ for that. Time will tell. P.S Is it possible to remove that wood piece from bottom of the RME, Like to replace it with a black piece or just without it. I just don't like wood and just found it a bit odd that Moog places this tiny bit of wood on a metal rack but did not provide the wooden ears with the RME which cost just so little compared to the RME. Same thing for the software which need to be bought separate. It's does not make sense for expensive machines like this. But well DSI treats consumers for software the same way. The other odd thing is the DB25 on the FRONT of the VX351/2, why not put this at the back.. . Just whining.. :wink:

music.maker

Post by music.maker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:56 am

Just got my RME. S/N = 299x, Said to be one of the last. So it mean there are about 3000 RME's total on this planet ? Anyone over the 3K number?
P.S: does the RME come with 19" rack ears assembled to the unit ? Mine did.

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Congratulations music.maker on your recent purchase of a MOOG Minimoog Voyager RME ! Enjoy.

music.maker

Post by music.maker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:56 am

Appreciate the congrats Donutdude. :-) It was a big decision...