Coming back... 3k for a new select series?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Spumoni

Re: Coming back... 3k for a new select series?

Post by Spumoni » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Mayidunk - that is hilarious!! Thanks for putting things into perspective for me. I guess I really was worrying over nothing.

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm really trying to understand the market... on eBay, Armens Music has a select series in walnut/indigo for sale at 3500. This is the combo I ordered a few years ago and regrettably sold. I emailed them and asked why the price was so high and pointed out the 3095 asking price for a new select series in Tiger Oak from Humbucker. Armens told me they are not available anymore, and next week the price was going up 100 dollars.

Is there any reason the price would be so much more?

Thanks!

oyarsa

Post by oyarsa » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Because the Select models are discontinued they seem to be selling out rapidly. I looked at Humbucker and though the selection is limited to Tiger/Blue, the price of 2999 isn't bad. They also have a couple of nice looking Performers for a bit less.

The original idea of the Select was that you could configure the case and backlighting as you wanted, mine is mohagany/fire by choice. Since Humbucker does not offer customization, wysiwyg, perhaps their lower prices reflect that.....just a guess....

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm

There is no choice with the select series at Armens. The only reason I'm interested is that it's the same choices I made when I purchased my new select several years ago. Walnut/Indigo. I tried to ask about their higher price, and they actually increased it! I guess it's just a demand thing.

hpoche

Post by hpoche » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:50 pm

My voyager is for sale. I no longer record so it's just sitting here waiting for a new home. contact me @ [email protected] for more info and pics if you are interested.

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Thank you for the offer, but I'm really looking to get one brand new... and this time I plan on keeping it for the long haul! If I change my mind I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Armen's is the eBay company that has the gall to sell a Moog MP-201 for $900+ and a MF-104SD for $1500.

I'd buy a used one before they'd ever see a dime from me...

Stephen

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:41 am

After much thought, I decided to go with a new Performer edition. I decided NOT to go with any backlighting, and even passed on the blue mod wheel. I ended up getting 15 percent off so it was something like 2699 from Musician's Friend. I should have it this week.

I plan on keeping this for the long haul, especially since it's the last model Bob himself worked on.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

oyarsa

Post by oyarsa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:32 am

Nice........ :D

TEEEL

Post by TEEEL » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:37 pm

So ironic I stumbled on this thread. I actually just signed up to the forums today and saw this. I actually was looking for the walnut/indigo for a while now and actually just purchased the one from Armens. I know it was overpriced but I finally pulled the trigger on the exact one I wanted. She's a real beauty. :)

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 am

You will forget the "I paid too much" sting. You will never forget how much you love it. Synth on! And welcome to the forum.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:28 pm

TEEEL wrote:So ironic I stumbled on this thread. I actually just signed up to the forums today and saw this. I actually was looking for the walnut/indigo for a while now and actually just purchased the one from Armens. I know it was overpriced but I finally pulled the trigger on the exact one I wanted. She's a real beauty. :)

Congrats - that's a fine looking Voyager! :D

After you get familiar with it, you'll want to check out the many Voyager-related articles, patches, tips & tricks, etc., on KnobTweak. Shameless plug aside, there's a lot of good information there for you to explore (Voyager, Moogerfoogers, etc.).

- Greg

... and welcome to the forums!

TEEEL

Post by TEEEL » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm loving the synth so far. I'm now looking everywhere for the gold cutoff knob. If you or anyone would be willing to part with theirs, email me at [email protected] Rock on!

Spumoni

Post by Spumoni » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:01 am

TEEEL - congrats on that walnut / indigo. That was exactly the same combo I bought originally, which is why I almost nabbed that very same one from Armens. They wouldn't budge on price, in fact they raised it on me... which of course made me want it more!

I ended up going with a the plain performer with NO lights... even went for the black mod wheel for the old school look. To my surprise it came with a black face... and I really love it.

Is the black face part of the "final voyage" series?