Moog Custom Delay Mixer...

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
noddyspuncture

Moog Custom Delay Mixer...

Post by noddyspuncture » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone here could explain to me the exact way in which the Moog "Custom Delay Mixer" is patched into a system and then actually used..? I do know that they are supposed to run in conjunction with the 960 sequencer and the 962 sequential switch - but I'm unsure exactly how it interacts and works with them.

I do actually have one of these Custom Delay Mixer's but no actual Moog 960 or Moog 962, so cannot experiment with it.

An in depth explanation would be really good.. :D
Cheers,
Tom

noddyspuncture

Re: Moog Custom Delay Mixer...

Post by noddyspuncture » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:17 am

analogmonster wrote:Schematics anybody?
I don't think a schematic would help me here actually...!? In fact, it seems to be a very simple circuit... containing just two of those IC's that are in the 960 sequencer, a few round can-type op amps and not much more. I could, if I was so inclined, draw out the schematic following the lines on the circuit board. No, it's the actual use of the module I am after explaining to me.

I do have Q960 and Q962 .com modules... and was wondering if it might interface with those..?

The thing is that it does use the rear connector for feeds from some parts of the circuit... not just feeds from panel connections like sockets and switches..! So there's more to it than meets the eye. :?:

Cheers,
Tom

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 pm

There are some good pictures and info on MatrixSynth:
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2012/08/ra-m ... -auto.html

and the info there led me to here:
http://spheremusic.com/Bargaindtl.asp?Item=12136

which led me to a thread on Muff's I had actually commented on almost 3 years ago and had forgotten about! :lol:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75039
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 am

noddyspuncture wrote:
analogmonster wrote:Schematics anybody?
I don't think a schematic would help me here actually...!? In fact, it seems to be a very simple circuit... containing just two of those IC's that are in the 960 sequencer, a few round can-type op amps and not much more. I could, if I was so inclined, draw out the schematic following the lines on the circuit board. No, it's the actual use of the module I am after explaining to me.

I do have Q960 and Q962 .com modules... and was wondering if it might interface with those..?

The thing is that it does use the rear connector for feeds from some parts of the circuit... not just feeds from panel connections like sockets and switches..! So there's more to it than meets the eye. :?:

Cheers,
Tom
I think a schematic could help to identify the module functions, which signals are expected where in the ins and outs and so on. It would be cool if you could draw one :mrgreen:

noddyspuncture

Post by noddyspuncture » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 pm

OK, I'll get on it sometime soon... but right now I am revisiting the 700 series drum modules.
I've been drawing out their layouts and noting how all the controls tie in, in an effort to get my head around them.

The 701's both work... in fact they won't shut up. both the same, like the VCA is wide open and the EGs dont affect them.
Gonna get them working one way or another... :wink:

Cheers,
Tom