Write and save tempo

Everything Phatty.
inges

Write and save tempo

Post by inges » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:11 am

Dear sub 37 users, I cannot figure out how to write (and then save to a preset) the tempo. Midi clock from pro tools works fine now, but I would like to have the tempo in the preset without using pro tools (e.g. on stage). Anyone knows?
Best regards,
Inge

mrberger

Re: Write and save tempo

Post by mrberger » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:53 pm

This is a know bug that I reported to Amos/Moog a few months ago. It did not get fixed in the last firmware release and is supposed to be on the TODO list for the next update.

I'm one of those folks that don't use a computer with the S37 when gigging and sure would like this to get fixed ASAP as well. :-)

inges

Post by inges » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

Thank you for the heads up on that. Fingers crossed for this to be fixed asap, yes :-)

JonLukas

Post by JonLukas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:19 pm

I am able to set the tempo and save it with the patch by setting the tempo with the Sub 37's knob. I think the bug had to do with tempos you tap in, and perhaps also there is a problem with tempos from MIDI.

For me it works, though the tempo knob isn't as precise as entering it digitally. I adjust the knob and read the tempo from my MIDI synced delay unit.

My tempos are definitely stored with my patches.
Pianoteq, Guda KickR, Drumaxx, Diva, Pigments, Flow Motion, Kontakt, Omnisphere 2, StudioLogic SL73, MainStage, Logic Pro X.
Downtempo performed live: http://echofabric.com

mrberger

Post by mrberger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:35 am

yes, sorry if I wasn't clear, I did mean to say tap tempo

inges

Post by inges » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Thank you, yeah when finding a tempo with the knob i can save that tempo. Just that the knob is so inaccurate, and so i find the tap mechanism. For lfo total accuracy is not always necessary, sometimes even undesirable, but for arpeggio/sequencing I would like to get an exact bpm at some point and not needing that input info anymore by saving it once and for all for future playalong to that specific back track.