I Found My Delay

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Scott Rolf

I Found My Delay

Post by Scott Rolf » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:51 am

I have been in search of a Delay for my Voyager and have finally found one that is absolutely perfect (for me).
The Strymon DIG dual digital delay.

I'm very familiar with Strymon as I use several of their units for my guitar work. (I'm a guitarist first)
This pedal gives me those deep, cavernous sounds without taking off like a run-away-train. In that I mean, it's very controllable. Very.
It's super easy to use and right off the bat the image of Rick Wakeman's Journey To The Center Of The Earth cover art popped into my head.

Most of the EFX units I use are analog but when it comes to Delays, I find I prefer digital. Again, that's just my taste since I like the more lush delay and reverbs. ( do a lot of Eno / Tangerine Dream type ambient music) However, unlike the typical digital pedals Strymon's sound more tape driven.

If you haven't tried Strymon for a delay I strongly suggest the DIG pedal.

Just my 2 cents for the day but for me, I couldn't be happier :D
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

Gorillafoxi

Re: I Found My Delay

Post by Gorillafoxi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:45 am

Strymon seems rock solid for just about any instrument you can throw at them (I'm a multi instrumentalist, too). Great stuff! I'm looking forward to grabbing a Timeline and Big Sky myself, and incidentally going on a diet that wasn't previously planned. Body by Electronics. Winner Winner...Ramen Dinner.