Minifooger rackmounting

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
XAXAU

Minifooger rackmounting

Post by XAXAU » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:36 am

Will there be a steel plate för racking say 4 minifoogers in a 19" rack?

I´d like one for sure!

_DemonDan_

Re: Minifooger rackmounting

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 am

I'd just get a sheet of tin or aluminum, cut it to the rack's width and to the height needed for however many rows of minifoogers you'll need.

Then, drill some holes for the rack mount screws, and smaller holes for the screws that hold the minifoogers' feet.

Remove the feet, screw the pedals to the sheet, screw the sheet to the rack.

It's a $5 - $10 solution.

"Remove the feet, screw the pedals to the sheet..." - Rapmaster _DD_
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:08 pm

One of my friends at Moog says that they simply use a 4U blank rack panel, and then remove all the rubber feet from the minifoogers.

Velcro strips (with adhesive on the backs) are then used to attach the minifoogers to the blank rack panel.

He says it works perfectly, just like a pedal board.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Thanks Dan! :) I don´t have any buddies that can do metal but I do know how to work with wood so that could work. Just screw the minifoogers to the wood or use military grade velcro! :)

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 pm

You can buy pre-made aluminum rack panels in just about any size. I've seen 1ru, 2ru, 3ru, 4ru, and 5ru for sure. You could then just drill holes for cabling and match up to where the screws go into the minifoogers. That way you don't have to get gross Velcro glue all over your nice Moog pedals.

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Gladmarr wrote:You can buy pre-made aluminum rack panels in just about any size. I've seen 1ru, 2ru, 3ru, 4ru, and 5ru for sure. You could then just drill holes for cabling and match up to where the screws go into the minifoogers. That way you don't have to get gross Velcro glue all over your nice Moog pedals.
True about the glue! But are the metal sheets bend like the moogerfooger plates?

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 pm

XAXAU wrote:
Gladmarr wrote:You can buy pre-made aluminum rack panels in just about any size. I've seen 1ru, 2ru, 3ru, 4ru, and 5ru for sure. You could then just drill holes for cabling and match up to where the screws go into the minifoogers. That way you don't have to get gross Velcro glue all over your nice Moog pedals.
True about the glue! But are the metal sheets bend like the moogerfooger plates?
Not quite sure what you mean. The aluminum rack panels are much thicker than the base of a minifoogers, so they will bend, but you'd have to really abuse them to get that to happen.

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Gladmarr wrote:
XAXAU wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean. The aluminum rack panels are much thicker than the base of a minifoogers, so they will bend, but you'd have to really abuse them to get that to happen.
Sorry I meant "bent" like the moogerfooger racking plate?

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Oh! I was referring to something more like this:

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Gladmarr wrote:Oh! I was referring to something more like this:

But if the rack rail is mounted deeper that type will work too! :D