editor

Everything Sub.
Subber37

Re: editor

Post by Subber37 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 am

TBH I want this more for the librarian aspect than for any DAW integration or editing via mouse/software (yuck!) I bought the moog to feel it, use it, touch it.. so that's how I'll always program it. HOWEVER it would be nice to see all parameters of a patch in detail, especially as there's currently no indication of 'preset value' on the screen for a given parameter (a kind of oversight on an otherwise stellar synth!).

I really look forward to the librarian so that I can sort through my 256 patches (I wiped all the presets and quickly filled it up with my own sounds) now, to remember what's what and jiggle around free slots without dumping the bank via usb/midi it would be good to get a clear overview via software, and rearrange patch positions. Also I tend to be lazy when naming them on the hardware as it's a pain to put names in with the wheel and cursors, much easier to type them.. so many of my patches have the same random load of spurious characters as names... I started out well but got bored wheeling in letter by letter names so ended up just changing the first letter and saving :lol: .. so for that I'd love to have the librarian ready to rock after a heavy programming session, will be naming them in seconds rather than minutes.. bam.. bam.. bam! 8)

As for DAW intergration... a cool feature, much needed by some, but I tend to just play live into the daw as if it's a tape recorder anyway (I rarely even sequence via midi) so it's not stuff I need personally

either way - it's August so fingers crossed eh?

Then I just want an updated FW where the arpeggiator works properly (or rather, as I would prefer) in back/forth mode when moving down a note (works fine going up notes but if you go back - the arp restarts and goes out of step... :((( - and no, none of the options in the menus appear to fix that), I can't use it as much as I'd like for this reason (Juno 60 works just right for up/down/back/forth - always stays musical and 'locked' never forces an extra step in... )

Lucas_Paris

Post by Lucas_Paris » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:32 am

Subber37 wrote:HOWEVER it would be nice to see all parameters of a patch in detail, especially as there's currently no indication of 'preset value' on the screen for a given parameter (a kind of oversight on an otherwise stellar synth!)
You can do this already today using the Sub Phatty Editor in combination with my interface. Except for the Arpeggiator and Sequencer, this will give you an overview of the Knob positions for any patch in your Sub 37, which is very helpful.

paterrob

Post by paterrob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 pm

As an FYI....I was advised by Moog last week that there is no ETA for the Sub37 editor.

pb21

Post by pb21 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:51 am

Thats a shame I was hoping it would arrive August, I wonder how long the other Phatty users had to wait from product release to editor release. Might be best to forget about it for another quarter.

tebers

Post by tebers » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:19 pm

what a pitty. i wait also for an update to teh firmware in the sub phatty for getting polyphony with my sub37