joystick controller

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
slick

joystick controller

Post by slick » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Does anybody have recommendations for a really good joystick controller for a Voyager XL? I have seen "Cat Stick" discussed, but that seems a bit too rare and expensive (unless somebody tells me its worth it). A related question - is there really any point to a joystick in light of everything else going on with the XL (other than as a new toy)?

TimeEchoProductions

Re: joystick controller

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

Synthesizers.com has all kinds of interesting controllers
including joysticks, whammy bars, ondes martenot style pressure blocks, etc.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

Gladmarr

Re: joystick controller

Post by Gladmarr » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:25 am

slick wrote:Does anybody have recommendations for a really good joystick controller for a Voyager XL? I have seen "Cat Stick" discussed, but that seems a bit too rare and expensive (unless somebody tells me its worth it). A related question - is there really any point to a joystick in light of everything else going on with the XL (other than as a new toy)?

I think it's a great idea to hook everything and anything up to your Voyager and find whatever way you can to make the sounds you want. If you can afford the XL, then it's a safe assumption you can afford any new toys to hook up to it.
TimeEchoProductions wrote:Synthesizers.com has all kinds of interesting controllers
including joysticks, whammy bars, ondes martenot style pressure blocks, etc.
That's good to know. I'm gonna check out what they've got.