CP-251 bottom power supply?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
edmang

CP-251 bottom power supply?

Post by edmang » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi

Have a couple of old CP-251 with the red jacks. They have power supply inputs on the topside and bottom. Just got one off e-bay which is the new model without the red rings. Does not have a power supply on the bottom, and has a plastic plug in the back panel where the supply jack should be. Was this changed with the newer models, or was this somehow modified by a previous owner? If it was changed, is there a way to get the part for the power supply to be in the back? Probably will rack this like the other units and I use the back supplies for them in the rack.

Thanks

Bryan B

Re: CP-251 bottom power supply?

Post by Bryan B » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 am

I had the older one and you could unplug it from the board and move it over to the other hole (taking out the plug on the back and putting the plug on the top where the jack was.

Or is your power jack or back jack hole missing completely? I bet Moog would sell you just that part if you explained your situtation. If the hole is missing, just make a new hole (close enough so the jack will reach).
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

edmang

Post by edmang » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:52 pm

May be able to move the top AC plug to the back hole. But having the ability on the other unit to plug in either place is certainly more convenient.

Thanks

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:21 pm

edmang wrote:May be able to move the top AC plug to the back hole. But having the ability on the other unit to plug in either place is certainly more convenient.

Thanks

If it's like the old CP-251, the top DC inlet is attached to the PCB inside. You'd be better off getting a second inlet and wiring it in as mentioned above.

dumbledog

Post by dumbledog » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Yeah I got one a couple months ago and I damn near broke my thumb trying to get that plastic cap off. Opened it up and sure enough there's nothing underneath. Bummer, I have it mounted vertically so a bottom plug would be nice.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm

dumbledog wrote:Yeah I got one a couple months ago and I damn near broke my thumb trying to get that plastic cap off. Opened it up and sure enough there's nothing underneath. Bummer, I have it mounted vertically so a bottom plug would be nice.
Well it is quite easy to take that cap off from the other side, without using your nail. I did that and moved the plug to the bottom easily, it works like a charm mounted vertically on my rack along with the VX-351
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:56 pm

I just relocated the power on mine to the back of the panel...

The connector that plugs into the pcb had a dab of hot glue to keep it connected. Do I need to re-hot glue that together? It just sits in my studio. Not gigging with it.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:17 pm

they speak about the two locations for the input jack on page 7 of the manual, although there aren't specific instructions on how to set it up.

I found it really easy when I did though...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:10 pm

jsharpphoto wrote:I just relocated the power on mine to the back of the panel...

The connector that plugs into the pcb had a dab of hot glue to keep it connected. Do I need to re-hot glue that together? It just sits in my studio. Not gigging with it.

That's just to ruggedize it against vibration. If it's really going to sit in one place for the long term, you don't need the hot glue.