Sequencer

Everything Phatty.
luczak

Sequencer

Post by luczak » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:19 am

Which buttons need pressing to get new notes 17 18 19 etc when sequencer is playing,ie start a new page.
I can't find it in the manual anywhere.
Thanks

_DemonDan_

Re: Sequencer

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:19 pm

luczak wrote:Which buttons need pressing to get new Steps 17 18 19 etc when sequencer is playing, ie start a new page.
I can't find it in the manual anywhere.
Hi luczak,

Read page 18 (1.1 Manual) to learn how to turn off SEQ PG CHASE (Sequence Page Chase):

SEQ PG CHASE (Located in GLOBAL MENU 2)
Toggles the page-chase behavior for the sequence page display. When ON (default) the step buttons (PRESET 1 - 16) will first show steps 1 - 16, and then steps 17 - 32, then 33 - 48, etc. When SEQ PG CHASE is OFF, the step buttons will remain on the sequence page selected by the user.

Then read (on the same page) how to manually change which page you're looking at:

In STEP EDIT MODE, the PRESET buttons (1 - 16) are used to show and edit the pattern’s step data. Steps 1 through 64 are displayed as four pages, with each page representing 16 of the steps at a time. To change which sequence page is currently displayed, hold the BANK button and press the KB OCTAVE {RIGHT} button to increment the sequence page, and the KB OCTAVE {LEFT} button to decrement the sequence page. The page number is indicated (P1 - P4) in the bottom right corner of the LCD display.

Now, when the desired Sequence Page is always showing, you can follow the directions (on page 19) to chose the new LAST STEP even though the Sequencer is running:

SET FIRST STEP/LAST STEP
To set a certain step as the sequence’s first step, press and hold the desired step button and press the KB OCTAVE {LEFT} button. To set a certain step as the sequence’s last step, press and hold the desired step button, and press the KB OCTAVE {RIGHT} button.

NOTE: You can also CURSOR to the last step number displayed on the LCD and dictate a new last step using the DOWN/UP arrow buttons.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

luczak

Post by luczak » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks for that Dan.
I have read all that in the manual but when the sequencer is running and there is initially only one page I can't find a way to move to page 2 to set a last step.I can do it when the sequencer is stopped but not when it's running.
Thanks for your help

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm not near a Sub 37 right now but... Did you try:

NOTE: You can also CURSOR to the last step number displayed on the LCD and dictate a new last step using the DOWN/UP arrow buttons.

I think that might work.

luczak

Post by luczak » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks
I will try with the cursor tomorrow.
I will let you know how I get on.

luczak

Post by luczak » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 am

Hello
I tried different methods today.
It is def not possible( or I can't find a way) to change pages when sequencer is running using keyboard octave pages.
It is possible to change things via the cursor but it's a bit awkward as you have to change the numbers of notes to get to next page not just scroll over.

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Yep, it can be done, but there are a few quirks you need to know about. Let me see if I can describe how I do it without this turning into a novel-length post :-)

The first thing you have to do is turn SEQ PG CHASE off. To do this:

1. Press the GLOBAL button in the PROGRAMMING section on the left hand side of the panel. The button lights up and the display changes to a menu.

2. Press the down arrow cursor button under the display until it highlights an entry that says SEQ PG CHASE (it's on the 2nd page of menu items, item # 2.3)

3. Turn the FINE TUNE knob to the left (counter clockwise) until the menu item says OFF.

4. Press the PRESET button to exit the global menu.

Now select a preset and create a sequence.

1. Select a preset. I chose "BRIGHT PWM MOTION" in bank 1, preset 05.

2. Turn the PATTERN switch (in the Arpeggiator section) to REC.

3. Play in a 16 note sequence.

4. Turn the PATTERN switch to SEQ.

5. Turn on the sequencer by pressing the ON button in the lower left hand corner of the Arpeggiator section.

6. Press a key and hear your 16 step sequence play.

7. Press the LATCH button (lower right hand corner of the Arpeggiator section) to keep the sequence playing.

8. Now turn on STEP EDIT mode by pressing the BANK button and, while holding it down, also press the LATCH button. The 16 buttons across the bottom should all light up with the button corresponding to the current step brighter than the rest. Notice also in the lower right corner of the display, it says P1, for page 1 of the 4 sequencer pages.

9. Now, to go to the next page (steps 17 - 32) while the sequence is playing, press the BANK button and, while holding it down, press the right KB OCTAVE button. The 16 step buttons all go dark. The display says P2 in the lower right corner. The BANK button is pulsing slowly while your 16 step sequence continues to play.

10. Now let's add one more note (#17) to our sequence. Press and hold the BANK button, and while holding it down, press the PRESET 1 button. The PRESET 1 button will begin pulsing. Your 16 step sequence is still playing.

11. At any time, hit the key you want for the 17th note. The next time through, your sequence should play 17 notes.

12. To add an 18th note, just press PRESET 2. You don't have to hold the BANK button. (This is the quirk I mentioned. I don't know why the BANK button is required on the first note on a new page.) PRESET 2 should be pulsing slowly. Again, hit the key you want for note 18 at any time and the next time around, it should be played as part of your sequence.

13. Repeat step 12 as needed to add as many notes as you want.

14. Once you have page 2 filled up, just repeat steps 9 - 13 to do the same for page 3 and 4. Remember you have to hold the BANK button and press the PRESET 1 button to enter the first note on a new page.

Hope you made it through all 14 steps!. It sounds much more involved than it is. Once you've done it once or twice it's pretty simple.

--
Moose

luczak

Post by luczak » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:42 am

What a brilliant reply!
Take a bow Moose.
It looks like the main thing is to turn page chase off which seems a bit contrary to what you would expect.
I will give it a go tomorrow.
Thanks again.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:07 am

luczak wrote:It looks like the main thing is to turn page chase off which seems a bit contrary to what you would expect.
Hi luczak,

Just curious... What did you think I meant when I wrote:

Hi luczak,

Read page 18 (1.1 Manual) to learn how to turn off SEQ PG CHASE (Sequence Page Chase):

SEQ PG CHASE (Located in GLOBAL MENU 2)
Toggles the page-chase behavior for the sequence page display. When ON (default) the step buttons (PRESET 1 - 16) will first show steps 1 - 16, and then steps 17 - 32, then 33 - 48, etc. When SEQ PG CHASE is OFF, the step buttons will remain on the sequence page selected by the user.

luczak

Post by luczak » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello
I thought it meant when off you could only use one page.The page you were on.
It's a minor thing but I have spent hours messing about with it.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Hopefully I won't get bogged down with such a minor thing in the future.