What makes a good YouTube video?

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Re: What makes a good YouTube video?

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:40 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Voltor,
Voltor07 wrote:I don't do covers for one reason...I can't. I can do soundscapes...it's why I bought my first synths. My greatest influence has been Animusic.
Because you mean you don't hear melodies in your head? Fair enough!

So I assume you do not play the PIANO (just SYNTH's)?

Ta,

Paul
Synths and I recently picked up bass guitar. Yes, my videos suck. I know this, the whole bleeping world knows this. Get over it. I stopped making videos for others long ago. I mostly make them for fun, for myself these days. I can't read notes, and am mostly tone deaf. I can do things on the piano, just don't expect anything more than random notes and chords. Musical instruments are toys to me, I'll admit that. I don't care what people think about that, making my own brand of music makes me happy.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi,
Voltor07 wrote:Synths and I recently picked up bass guitar. Yes, my videos suck. I know this, the whole bleeping world knows this. Get over it.
You mean me "get over it"? Or the world? I have not ever seen/heard any of your music and so therefore I can not even comment.
Voltor07 wrote:I can't read notes, and am mostly tone deaf. I can do things on the piano, just don't expect anything more than random notes and chords. Musical instruments are toys to me, I'll admit that. I don't care what people think about that, making my own brand of music makes me happy.
You don't have to having READING skills to play/create music. And I don't believe there is actually anyone who is TONE DEAF (unless you are unfortunate enough to suffer from a condition). If you can tell TOP C from BOTTOM C then you are definitely NOT tone deaf!

I was asking about if you played PIANO because obviously you can not create SOUNDSCAPES as such (in the way that you can on a SYNTH). Unless, of course, it was heavily PREPARED or PROCESSED.

Paul

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/voltor07 The last video on there is, in my opinion the best. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:11 am

Hi,
Voltor07 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/voltor07 The last video on there is, in my opinion the best. :wink:
So you mean the Amos Gaynes Edition Little Phatty Trailer? As that is the final video in your personal uploads?

Paul

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:37 am

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Hi,
Voltor07 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/voltor07 The last video on there is, in my opinion the best. :wink:
So you mean the Amos Gaynes Edition Little Phatty Trailer? As that is the final video in your personal uploads?

Paul
No, that was my first one...I meant the one uploaded last year.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:03 am

Hi,
Voltor07 wrote:No, that was my first one...I meant the one uploaded last year.
Ok, so it must be the Studio Update and Forest 13 x min's upload then?

Paul

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:26 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Hi,
Voltor07 wrote:No, that was my first one...I meant the one uploaded last year.
Ok, so it must be the Studio Update and Forest 13 x min's upload then?

Paul
That's the one. I love how it came out. Just skip ahead to 1:36...that's where the music is. :mrgreen:

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 am

Voltor07 wrote:That's the one. I love how it came out. Just skip ahead to 1:36...that's where the music is.
Not sure why you have the window and the green spinning lights together in the same frame? But obviously that decision must have been a conscious one for whatever reason. Though my video have only very basic text (song/composer) and my contact details (again, in very basic text) at the end. And so therefore nowhere near as sophisticated as your own.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:That's the one. I love how it came out. Just skip ahead to 1:36...that's where the music is.
Not sure why you have the window and the green spinning lights together in the same frame? But obviously that decision must have been a conscious one for whatever reason. Though my video have only very basic text (song/composer) and my contact details (again, in very basic text) at the end. And so therefore nowhere near as sophisticated as your own.
Sophisticated...that's funny. It's a $25 laser projector. As for the window, there's no room to put my camera tripod except that one space that the window is in. My room mate is crocheting a curtain for that window, though, so hopefully soon it will be a non issue. :mrgreen:

yanib

Post by yanib » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi! In order for your video to be successful, you need to create videos that will interest your audience. Know the niche you're targeting, what kind of videos they want. You can also browse for latest and effective YouTube Video Ideas for reference. Hope this helps! :)