Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Everything Sub.
MacAquinas

Re: Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Post by MacAquinas » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I can't wait to be able to buy a whole rack of SubZero's one day! Has to be the name right? :lol:
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Why don't we collect all wishes in a poll to make it clear for Amos where to focus the development?

Jayfas

Post by Jayfas » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 pm

I'm going to vote for:

being able to set where the lfo starts its cycle,or phase.

Lfo start on aftertouch or mod wheel

Being able to switch to use multiple step sequences without having to change to a different patch.

and everything else already mentioned on this topic

Can't wait :)

RbtGd

Post by RbtGd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Please excuse this if I am just ignorant to the process of how to do this, as the Sub 37 is my first Moog synth, but I think an excellent feature would be the ability to play over a sequenced pattern. To clarify, the sequencer would be playing a pattern and then you could play a lead or something else over it with the kb.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:00 pm

RbtGd wrote:Please excuse this if I am just ignorant to the process of how to do this, as the Sub 37 is my first Moog synth, but I think an excellent feature would be the ability to play over a sequenced pattern. To clarify, the sequencer would be playing a pattern and then you could play a lead or something else over it with the kb.
You can't do that on a MONO SYNTH! it has only one voice. The best you can hope is for the paraphonic (shared voice) but 1 osc, it won't be independent of the triggering of the other osc though as they will always have to be triggered as one.

You need a genuine polyphonic synth to do what you want, sorry.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:46 am

slabwax wrote:Just a Sub XL $2,300.00.
if a Sub XL came out with extra panel knobs, options and points (kinda like the Voyager XL) i would be rite cranky because i would have no option but to buy it... i have kinda brought the Sub37 because i figured it was the "top of the line" ...ie the Rolls Royce of the Sub, after the Sub Phatty and the Minitaur. So to find out that Moog always had plans for it only be the "mid-range" synth and there was really a "Top of the Line" one i should have waited for would just drive me nuts! because i would not have room to have all 3 set up in my studio (i already have the Sub Phatty in storage).

i remember how i felt when i brought the Roland JV-1080, and i even complained to the guy in the shop when i purchased it "damn the screen is so shitty...they really need to make a decent sized screen version of this, but oh well this is all there is...." and then about 4 weeks later the JV2080 came out..i was punching pillows on the studio couch!

personally i think Moog will release a PolyMoog before anything else. im sure they are crazy working away on it now and desparate to get it to market and out the door after seeing the Prophet 6, Modal VCO Poly and others...before the "window of opportunity" closes on them....

RbtGd

Post by RbtGd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 am

Thank you for the explanation.
Subber37 wrote: You need a genuine polyphonic synth to do what you want, sorry.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 am

Jayfas wrote: being able to set where the lfo starts its cycle,or phase.

Hi Jayfas!
Welcome to the forum !

Question about that suggestion : I cannot understand how aftertouch modulkated the LFO start phase would be used. To me it sounds like aftertouch on the attack time: see, once you’re “aftertouching”, it’s already too late for the attack time to be modulated… unless you’re talking duo-mode.

Any enlightment?

Jayfas

Post by Jayfas » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:
Jayfas wrote: being able to set where the lfo starts its cycle,or phase.

Hi Jayfas!
Welcome to the forum !

Question about that suggestion : I cannot understand how aftertouch modulkated the LFO start phase would be used. To me it sounds like aftertouch on the attack time: see, once you’re “aftertouching”, it’s already too late for the attack time to be modulated… unless you’re talking duo-mode.

Any enlightment?
Thank you for the warm welcome Stiiiive :)

I guess what I am thinking is this, when you trigger a key the lfo starts its cycle, in the situation I am suggesting the lfo would basically only start its cycle and modulation when aftertouch was pressed down. I guess this could be possible. I just was not able to figure it out with the current options. Just to clarify: instead of the lfo resetting when the note is triggered the lfo would reset and then modulate the selected parameter only once aftertouch was triggered by the user.

:)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:49 am

Ok, thanks for explaining; I did not understand that at all.

Good news, that‘s possible right now :)
LFO restart is already implemented, then you only have to configure a Mod Bus with the LFO as source, whatever parameter you want to modulate as destination, and choose aftertouch as controller/modifier.

kvitekp

Post by kvitekp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Changing parameter value display and single cycle LFO option are at the top of the list for me.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 am

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the Sub 37.

Parameter display is the only thing that would be really important for me.

Apart from that, there might still be some bugfixes due.
  1. After loading presets and then entering Panel mode, I still have hard jumps in the sound when touching knobs, which should definitely not be the case. The panel mode currently is not garanteed to produce the sound that the knob positions would suggest.
  2. I'm having strange behavior with the sequencer sometimes (always has to do with entering/leaving the step edit mode in certain situations).
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

HansH

Post by HansH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:58 pm

It would be great if , while editing the sequencer, a Sysex would be send out with all the sequencer data: in that way an app could act as second display to show more in detail what is happening in the sequencer.

HansH
Cheers,
HansH