Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Everything Sub.
Subber37

Re: Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Post by Subber37 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:01 am

ebowen4221 wrote:
Waza wrote:a panic Button as well
I believe both octave keys pressed together is your panic button.
If he meant all notes off/midi panic then yes it is. And for some reason I need it often with the 37!

DaveBee

Post by DaveBee » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:31 pm

As others have mentioned parameter value displays. Even more significantly I would love to be able to see all tempo related variables on the panel at one time. The Arp, LFO1 and LFO2 rate displayed together in BPM (or switchable to millisecs for others) in realtime would be very useful to me.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Is there any way to tap in tempo for LFOs and arp/sequencer?

DaveBee

Post by DaveBee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 am

to tap the tempo hold the sync button on the arp for a second .... then press 3 or more times at your tempo. You would need to sync the lfos' to the arp speed

ebowen4221

Post by ebowen4221 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 am

UncleToad wrote:It's probably fixed in the hardware design but it is a real pity that both VCOs get routed through the mixer and filter sections into a single envelope shaper.
It would have been nice for for each VCO to have its own volume envelope. So you could then have a short blip on one VCO followed by a longer pad type sound coming from the second VCO. Of course, being greedy, it would have been nicer for each VCO to get its own filter too !

Paul
Couldn't you set one of your lfo's as a reverse ramp or square wave or to one of the envelope attacks, and have it modulate OSC1 level?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:28 pm

DaveBee wrote:to tap the tempo hold the sync button on the arp for a second .... then press 3 or more times at your tempo. You would need to sync the lfos' to the arp speed
Thanks mate :)

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:03 am

UncleToad wrote:It's probably fixed in the hardware design but it is a real pity that both VCOs get routed through the mixer and filter sections into a single envelope shaper.
It would have been nice for for each VCO to have its own volume envelope. So you could then have a short blip on one VCO followed by a longer pad type sound coming from the second VCO. Of course, being greedy, it would have been nicer for each VCO to get its own filter too !
Paul
That's why it's paraphonic.
If they had separate envelopes for each voice, it would be true duophonic.
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:16 am

tagirov wrote:
Paul
That's why it's paraphonic.
If they had separate envelopes for each voice, it would be true duophonic.
Yeah I don't get why people complain about this. It is essentially a MONO synth, with the added ability to hijack the pitch of one osc in 'duo mode' with the pitch/freq selected by key press rather than turning a freq knob fast and accurately each time to do it manually :lol: that is an added bonus, and can create some unique sounds (I particularly like 'drone' mode - no lights on Key Control ) and set the pitch of the drone to what I need then play the keys...I came up with a new song this way that I'd never have been inspired to do with a normal/poly synth).

And I can't say i've EVER yearned for a 2 note (full) poly synth of any description, and in the case of the 37 doing that would cause quite the price increase! If they were doing poly they may as well go 6 note poly or not bother.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 pm

And I can't say i've EVER yearned for a 2 note (full) poly synth of any description,
This, I yearn for this:

Waza

Post by Waza » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:20 am

To add your own preset category and name it.
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:10 am

It would be a vary difficult choice for me a Voyager or the new TVP. I'm as much of a Moog fanboy as the rest...but my SEM patch is special. The Oberheim's are more limited then Moogs in a lot of ways but they sound great at what they do.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:52 am

Extended keyboard length.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:54 am

I yearn for this:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:24 am

EricK wrote:Extended keyboard length.
I'd like to see Sub64 and Sub73 models with more than just extended keyboards, but extended sequencer functions (more lights in more rows), multiple MIDI Outs and overall set-up to be an awesome controller in addition to its mono-synth awesomeness.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:41 am

Just a Sub XL $2,300.00.