Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Everything Sub.
Toine

Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Post by Toine » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:42 am

After the release of the 1.1.0 firmware update for the Sub37 I'm curious about the next step from Moog regarding the Sub37;
Will it be an editor/librarian, will it be free or paid?
Another firmware update?

Does anyone have a clue?

fwilleke

Re: Moog, what's next to develop for the Sub37?...

Post by fwilleke » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 am

Well, the librarian/editor should be free as it was advertised along with the synth.

Next FW features, in my humble opinion, should be: parameter value display and multiple simultaneous MOD destinations per bus.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

paterrob

Post by paterrob » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:29 pm

I received an email from Moog (last week) saying they were hoping for the librarian to be out in about 8 weeks.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:28 pm

jbottrop wrote:
Next FW features, in my humble opinion, should be: parameter value display and multiple simultaneous MOD destinations per bus.
+1

A random option for the sequencer and button access to the slowest LFO speed would be great too!

evileye

Post by evileye » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I want the librarian next with the editor close behind.

I have a feeling there is some reason they haven't given us parameter value display by now. So many people have asked for it. It's seems like such a useful and trivial thing to add but perhaps there is some limitation preventing it.

I wouldn't mind seeing different rachet amounts per sequencer step.

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:56 am

evileye wrote:I want the librarian next with the editor close behind.

I have a feeling there is some reason they haven't given us parameter value display by now. So many people have asked for it. It's seems like such a useful and trivial thing to add but perhaps there is some limitation preventing it.

I wouldn't mind seeing different rachet amounts per sequencer step.

Yes! Real Parameters! I really want to have the Editor but i would rather have real parameters on the display. I love that on the Phatty and Voyager it's great for deconstructing presets and learning programming. I am still in my first year of analog and I need that help. It will be a year in August, I am just an analog baby! Moogoo Gah Gah
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

pb21

Post by pb21 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 am

Certainly some kind of parameter value even if it is with an up and down arrow like on the Bass station 2.
editor naturally.

I use the sequencer a lot I would like to see the note value/values that were stored at each step.

the only quickish way ive done this so far is to use melodyne to see what i entered.

anyway the team know everything so I am sure they will deliver when able.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 am

Same here - parameter display would be most useful as it stand's now you can't de-construct even your own patches to know what you've moved and where to put it back (for experimentation) it should show original value + new value underneath so you can always go back. On quite a complex synth as this I've noticed myself wishing for this more and more as I dig deeper, sometimes you want to know how/why you came up with a sound but it's just not clear. As it's pots and not encoders a real parameter display is kind of... essential imo.

Next up A librarian of some sort would be good, as 256 patches gets a bit awkward to sort/remember where your keepers are - esp naming them, would love to type names in for patches from the computer over USB instead of having to name them all with the pot/cursors.. .so.... boring ;) ah well at least it has patch naming!

And simultaneous mod destinations from the mod dest would be great! Though am already quite happy (but yeah.. it would be that cool extra step - even if it can only do 2 things at once).

So they are my 3 votes in that order if anyone is keeping watch ;)

oh and bonus fix for the ARP as currently I can't find any of the options work in making it work right when doing a back/forth (2 octave) du-du-de-de-du-du-de-de (change note up = fine but change note down and it doesn't sync to the rhythm but restarts on keypress causing a lack of 'groove' for want of a better word).. I'm sure this must be a bug? i've tried all the various options for arp and seq and nothing changes it, but it doesn't work this way on other synths I have/had with arps that also had syncing.

gian77

Post by gian77 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:53 am

Hi,

My biggest features expectations are "Editor/Librarian" and "Parameter Value Display" :D

What about an "Advanced Sequencer Editor" tab on the editor ?
Sub 37 (FW 1.2.0 / 1.0.1), Minitaur (FW 2.2.2 / 3.3.0), MF-Drive & MF-Delay
Ableton Live 11 on macOS Big Sur v11.2.3

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:14 am

I vote too for parameter display first in the next firmware.

Librarian/editor is on its way, no need to ask again and again, Moog is on it already.

Petur

Post by Petur » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:17 am

It would be nice if it was possible to assign the pitch bend wheel to other parameters (since i hardly ever use the pitch bend wheel).

DUBMCT

Post by DUBMCT » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:12 pm

How about tempo display
and ARP to sequence.
Ok - knob position would be swell too.
MOOG: micro/sub/37/M32/DFAM/105m/MF delay/MF trem

UncleToad

Post by UncleToad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:14 am

It's probably fixed in the hardware design but it is a real pity that both VCOs get routed through the mixer and filter sections into a single envelope shaper.
It would have been nice for for each VCO to have its own volume envelope. So you could then have a short blip on one VCO followed by a longer pad type sound coming from the second VCO. Of course, being greedy, it would have been nicer for each VCO to get its own filter too !

Paul

Waza

Post by Waza » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:23 am

a panic Button as well
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

ebowen4221

Post by ebowen4221 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Waza wrote:a panic Button as well
I believe both octave keys pressed together is your panic button.