I love Minitaur, should I buy Taurus 3???

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
evsey69

I love Minitaur, should I buy Taurus 3???

Post by evsey69 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:14 am

I love how deep Minitaur can go. My question, should I buy Taurus 3?
Does it sounds better? Opinions of the owners of both would be great

Mr Arkadin

Re: I love Minitaur, should I buy Taurus 3???

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:24 am

Do you need the form factor or is it just sound difference you're interested in?

T3 differences:
Foot pedals (obviously)
Large and heavy
+Arpeggiator
+More LFO waves
+Beat control
-No computer-based editor
-No square wave In VCO
-No software activated note sync or key tracking
-ASR rather than ADSR

As to sound, I have read that their is a difference and the T3 is better but I'll leave that to those with both.

Check input this old thread:
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13383
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

The sound. Some of the presets sounds out of the space
Thank you for the link, I checked it and opinions have devided)
I am thinking 1500 only, and very few left.
Oleg

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Actually I can't find a new one... Any information will be helpful

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:36 am

Yes only about 1500 were made, no new ones for some time. What country are you in? This may affect how likely you are to find a set second hand.

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 am

You can also go for a Taurus II reassured, after my tech and I found out a great way to upgrade and bring this thing pretty close to the T1.
I experimented with both now for months.
That this item is said to be a kind of trashcan of the ancient Moog Company is now history.
A description of the mod will follow soon. It`s nothing butt swapping two rsistors, nothing more............
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:26 pm

megavoice wrote:You can also go for a Taurus II reassured, after my tech and I found out a great way to upgrade and bring this thing pretty close to the T1.
That this item is said to be a kind of trashcan of the ancient Moog Company is now history.
A description of the mod will follow soon. It`s nothing butt swapping two rsistors, nothing more............
Interested to hear the results as I assume these mods could be done to my Rogue as well. Maybe make a new thread when complete with some sound samples along with the mod description.

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:Yes only about 1500 were made, no new ones for some time. What country are you in? This may affect how likely you are to find a set second hand.
Russia, but I travel a lot to USA and Europe)

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:19 pm

megavoice wrote:You can also go for a Taurus II reassured, after my tech and I found out a great way to upgrade and bring this thing pretty close to the T1.
I like T3 for Midi and all modern things like presets management. And I likethe look better
BUt thank you for the idea

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:
Interested to hear the results as I assume these mods could be done to my Rogue as well. Maybe make a new thread when complete with some sound samples along with the mod description.
For sure, my mate. It`s exactly the "same party". 1:1

@evsey69
I more than enough pleased with the 1 and 2 as I`ve so much to do with my hands on different keybeds that I`m pleased with one basic sound, but this one must "KILL".........
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

MC

Post by MC » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:09 pm

For maximum "oomph" from the T3, don't forget the subwoofers.

Several owners have discovered the hidden subsonics when they put their T3 through a decent PA system.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

paramnesia

Post by paramnesia » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 am

+1 any Moog sounds through subwoofer
+1 big PA bass for 'personal' monitoring (doesn't have to be loud)
Sub37TE V1.2 / 4 X CP-251, 3 x MF-104M, MF-102, MF-107, MF-108M, 4 x Mother32, MP-201
My Eurorack https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2268669
My Pedal Board https://www.modulargrid.net/p/racks/view/461843

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 am

I owned both finally recently sold the pedals but hanging on to the Minitaur which I truly adore. I would say that I (personally) can get better control and equally good sounds from the Minitaur, so the #1 best reason to own a T3 vs Minitaur outside of that is probably for live shows, if you really need/want to use a super solid self-contained foot pedal controller similar to a set of pedals on a small hammond, except the T3s also work for transpose and arpeggiation etc. On the down side they are really big and heavy and if they're on the floor and you're playing them with your feet you can only easily access a few realtime parameter from the big wheels ~ most usually volume and filter
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

evsey69

Post by evsey69 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:51 pm

misterpete wrote:I owned both finally recently sold the pedals but hanging on to the Minitaur which I truly adore. I would say that I (personally) can get better control and equally good sounds from the Minitaur, so the #1 best reason to own a T3 vs Minitaur outside of that is probably for live shows, if you really need/want to use a super solid self-contained foot pedal controller similar to a set of pedals on a small hammond, except the T3s also work for transpose and arpeggiation etc. On the down side they are really big and heavy and if they're on the floor and you're playing them with your feet you can only easily access a few realtime parameter from the big wheels ~ most usually volume and filter
I just love my Mini...Thank you. I though can get something extra for the price of pedals.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:39 pm

If I were in the market for a t3 I would consider a t1.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.