Animoog update release?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Re: Animoog update release?

Post by Satri » Sun May 31, 2015 9:01 am

nuno wrote:Until recently it was possible to restore the BASE pack via Animoog.
I just sent a message to Moog developers regarding the absence of the BASE expansion pack from Animoog's in-app store. We'll see if that's something they can fix in a future release. Personally, I don't understand why the Movement and Halloween packs are not available from the in-app store too.

I'm rather optimistic, Moog appears to take Animoog development very seriously now and that's great! :-) Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

nuno

Post by nuno » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Satri wrote:
nuno wrote:Until recently it was possible to restore the BASE pack via Animoog.
I just sent a message to Moog developers regarding the absence of the BASE expansion pack from Animoog's in-app store. We'll see if that's something they can fix in a future release. Personally, I don't understand why the Movement and Halloween packs are not available from the in-app store too.

I'm rather optimistic, Moog appears to take Animoog development very seriously now and that's great! :-) Cheers -- Alex / Satri
If only I had the BASE pack timbres in backup, I would just load them via iExplorer or iFunbox, but I don't, and since I did pay for it on the in-app store, it's only reasonable to expect I shouldn't have to back them up.

Both the Halloween and Movement were free downloads from the Moog website and had no timbres. Movement was a commemorative Detroit Techno pack released to coincide with the Movement Festival of that year. The Halloween pack was a thematic preset pack, with no timbres either. I can see why neither of these is on the in-app store. These two I do remember backing up, but at some point lost interest and deleted both files. I do hope Moog restores all of them in some way.

...off the soapbox, now... :wink:

Edit: spelling fix
Last edited by nuno on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 pm

nuno wrote:(...) since I did pay for it on the in-app store, it's only reasonable to expect I shouldn't have to back them up
Don't take my word for it, but I think the Universe heard you and you should be happy with the upcoming version 2.2.5...
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

SZak

Post by SZak » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:07 am

nuno wrote:If only I had the BASE pack timbres in backup, I would just load them via iExplorer or iFunbox, but I don't, and since I did pay for it on the in-app store, it's only reasonable to expect I shouldn't have to back them up.
I have the BASE pack timbres/presets as well as Halloween from backups I made. Haven't been able to use them for a while until Animoog 2.2.4 was recently released. Hopefully, all of you that got these packs in the past (but lost them) can get them back again.

I believe that the Halloween pack *did* have timbres...at I least I have them in my backup. There are 21 of them in my backup beginning with AmpModCpix.wav and ending with VocoderSwp.wav.

EDIT: Looking through all of my timbres, seems as if the timbres in my Halloween backup are also included in the default Animoog timbres as well...so no, the Halloween pack did NOT include it's own timbres as nuno mentioned.

nuno

Post by nuno » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:28 am

Satri wrote:
nuno wrote:(...) since I did pay for it on the in-app store, it's only reasonable to expect I shouldn't have to back them up
Don't take my word for it, but I think the Universe heard you and you should be happy with the upcoming version 2.2.5...

Ah, the Lords of Moog have heeded our pleading. :mrgreen:
Thank you Satri for posing the question to Moog support :)

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:26 am

Stuka wrote:
klfnk wrote:iPad 2 owner here with ios 7.1.2.
Anyone update similar setup with success?
I'm running an iPad 2 with latest iOS (8.3), docked in an Alesis iO Dock v1
Latest Animoog update seems to be working fine. 8)
Wow, how does your iPad run on 8.3? I've not updated because of all the horror stories (iPads deadslow).
Can you compare it to running ios7 ?

Thanks!
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 am

klfnk wrote:
Stuka wrote:
klfnk wrote:iPad 2 owner here with ios 7.1.2.
Anyone update similar setup with success?
I'm running an iPad 2 with latest iOS (8.3), docked in an Alesis iO Dock v1
Latest Animoog update seems to be working fine. 8)
Wow, how does your iPad run on 8.3? I've not updated because of all the horror stories (iPads deadslow).
Can you compare it to running ios7 ?

Thanks!
Definitely runs slower, as is to be expected given the OS changes and "old" age of the iPad 2.

However, I generally don't use my iPad as the all-encompassing music making solution - I have my relatively high-end desktop DAW for that.
Most of the time, my iPad is being used as a single instrument or and/effect, and for that it seems to be working just fine.

I rarely, if ever, use it as a portable DAW -
that's what big screens and MIDI controllers are for :wink:
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

nuno

Post by nuno » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Satri wrote:

It's finally out.
BASE PACK timbres are back :D
Thank you Satri and Geert!

SZak

Post by SZak » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:40 pm

nuno wrote:BASE PACK timbres are back :D
You can now proceed to burp, fart and gurgle to your heart's content! :lol:

nuno

Post by nuno » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:16 am

SZak wrote:
nuno wrote:BASE PACK timbres are back :D
You can now proceed to burp, fart and gurgle to your heart's content! :lol:
:lol:

I'm over that phase now. :mrgreen:

They're actually quite useful, once you go past the joke.