advanced cv out for sub 37

Everything Sub.
EricK

Re: advanced cv out for sub 37

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm

The 107 should track well up to 5 or 6 octaves. It shouldn't need to be attenuated, but if you were running it into something like the STG Mixer it might need to be boosted a bit. His 5U module is tested with dotcom oscs which are hotter than the Foogers, but I can't say what he uses for his euro modules.

If you were going to get any modular format gear, you might want to just go with a modular osc than with the 107. The 107 IS cool, but get those multiple waves out and get the numerous cv inputs you are looking for. The 107 is awesome for what it is, and it's sound is nice with a continuously variable wave shape output though.

If Moog made an envelope and VCA unit to complete what would otherwise be a Moogerfooger based synth, the 107 would be a great choice. But if you get bored with using it as an additional osc for a synth voice, and you want a totally independent voice, you need a vca.

The cool thing about the 107/CP combo is that you have an osc and a modulation buss. You can do many cool things with just these two.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Post by 834 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 am

Hi, first post... :)

I was a bit surprised reading that there won't be any cv out expansion for the sub 37. I was sincerely hoping that this would be available in the future. Let's hope that they change their minds.. :)

In the case that they actually do an expansion option, I would love to see the inclusion of a pre filter insert jack. That would be great.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed May 20, 2015 10:16 am

@834

I might not be understanding your wish, if so please excuse me. I thought the audio in on the S37 is just that a pre filter insert. No?

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 pm

I could be wrong here but being as even one of the lfo led's has to be digitally controlled due to running out of cv output in the synth, this would suggest that there is no cv slots left in the synth to use as cv outs. A physical limitation of the synth and therefore not so much a case of "not going to add them" but more a case of "physically can't add them"
Just piecing together bits of information from around the forum so could be completely wrong.
Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho KB, Korg ms20 mini, Korg M50, Korg Karma, Yamaha Motif Xf6, Yamaha DX7, Novation K Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Siel DK80, cyclone analogic tt 303

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed May 20, 2015 5:41 pm

mattyp,
I'm sorry to say that you are correct.
It has been made clear, by everyone that I've asked at Moog, that CV Outs on the Sub Phatty and Sub 37 will never be available.

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21376
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

willi

Post by willi » Thu May 21, 2015 6:07 pm

It's not impossible to grab the LFO from a LED, whether using a LDR circuit or directly tapping the board. Maybe I'll have a look when mine ships in.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com