Update SubPhatty

Everything Sub.
Meneer Vincent

Update SubPhatty

Post by Meneer Vincent » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:58 am

I am curious if there will be a update of the SubPhatty.
Also still don't know what is the exact last software version. I mentioned this before but it seems al the attention
goes to the 37 in this Phatty Forum...
I am sure there is a whole group of happy SubPhatty owners that are curious to.

Any news?

Amos

Re: Update SubPhatty

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 am

Yes there will be a Sub Phatty update. we were just talking about that in yesterday's engineering meeting. The details are not firm enough to announce (meaning the timing, and exactly what will be updated) but at least a small update is guaranteed before too long. :)

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 am

Thanks Amos,

That is exciting news!

breun

Post by breun » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 am

Meneer Vincent wrote: Also still don't know what is the exact last software version.
Strangely enough the Moog website still hosts firmware 2.0.1 (from 2013!) on the Sub Phatty downloads page: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/phatt ... nloads-tab

The latest firmware version is 2.0.6 though, the editor is at 1.1.0. Amos posted links back in October here: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 39#p135239 No idea why that version is still not up on the Sub Phatty product page.

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:43 am

Oké Thanks breun,

I will check this.
I hope they will sort it out on the Moog website when the new update is available.

don_looney

Post by don_looney » Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 am

I hope there will be an update for the SubPhatty soon.
My Glide knob does not work in Cubase and sometimes i have hardware disconnect problems.
Even the Last Note function does not work.
I use Win 7 Pro 64 Bit - Cubase 8 - SubPhatty FW 2.0.6

till

Post by till » Tue May 19, 2015 12:42 pm

don_looney wrote:...
Even the Last Note function does not work.
I use Win 7 Pro 64 Bit - Cubase 8 - SubPhatty FW 2.0.6
I am using the very same SubPhatty Firmware. And I just checked the note priority for all three available modes: all work fine here.
Did you check it with the internal keyboard or via MIDI?
I checked it with the Sub's keyboard only.

You may contact me via PM. I am German too.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Spanda

Post by Spanda » Sat May 30, 2015 5:09 am

Please update soon!

No answer from support, 2 weeks since contact.

Sub Phatty works about 20% of the time. Spent most of my majorly rare studio time trying to get it to work this week.

Hardware disconnect is very regular. Tried many different USB cables, different ports on Mac Pro 2010 including PCI USB cards (two different ones) and still major issues.

Editor 1.1.0 Firmware 2.0.6. A couple of days ago it reverted to 2.0.5 after months of reporting 2.0.6. Updated it again to 2.0.6 today and its much worse. maybe go back?

Today Logic X 10.0.3 Hangs when I choose "Moog Sub Phatty Out" for input (Only option and changed from "Moog Sub Phatty" for in and out with todays 2.0.6 re update ) in Plugin. Have tried same with standalone which also crashes sometimes. This is now today after firmware update.

Trashed all relevant prefs, Logic, Midi, can't find any for Moog, for Sub in User or Root Libraries.

Reinstalled Editor again. Restarted Logic and Mac a lot.

Occasional Hung notes and no full working after 2.0.6 update today. Will try update again.

Since I've had it for about 18 months I've had to sped hours of days getting it to work which is does for weeks or sometimes months then without any other system changes it goes off line again.

Next on list sadly is sell Sub Phatty, maybe try save for Sub 37 which seems to be well supported and get back to writing music instead of troubleshooting.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Hugo

nexusorbit

Post by nexusorbit » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:14 am

In the beginning, I had a lot of problems with the usb connection of my Sub Phatty (Win7, Cubase 7.5) so now I use only the MIDI connection and it behaves much better, although it is not perfect.
Good luck.

Spanda

Post by Spanda » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Thanks nexusorbit, I did give MIDI a go but couldn't get midi signal in and out of the Sub Phatty ( Nords, Maschine Drum etc. were fine at the time). Was when it wasn't working via USB.. Haven't tried again so will give that a go soon and report back..

So currently its working via USB, no change from the other day just started working again. Interestingly yesterday I couldn't get the envelope click out of my bass which was quite random and today its not there! Strange behaviour, maybe mine has extra issues?

Cheers

Denim

Post by Denim » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:05 am

When you didn't get a midi signal in/out, had you already adjusted the preferences in Sub Phatty Editor to use MIDI-DIN instead of USB, and chosen the right MIDI interface?

Spanda

Post by Spanda » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:31 am

Denim wrote:When you didn't get a midi signal in/out, had you already adjusted the preferences in Sub Phatty Editor to use MIDI-DIN instead of USB, and chosen the right MIDI interface?
I had USB and MIDI-DIN merged in prefs.

Using Unitor 8 and could get midi light on Sub Phatty to blink when testing studio in Audio MIDI Setup so definitely correct device choice. Also tried Fireface MIDI. Swapped midi cables with a pair working on my Nord Lead. No sound :-(

Still no time to try midi again. Unfortunate to have to go down that road anyway...

Phatty was still working when studio was up a few days ago. Some strangeness with saving patches though where panel changes would not save even though preset was yellow in plugin after store on device. Save yellow preset, rename, reload, preset reverted back to previous state. Use panel on synth to reload saved patch, changes present.

Still no reply from support ticket 20th May and can't reply to email as it gets bounced by Moog server (see below). Anyone know how to get a reply from support? Will send another web form contact.

:Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; moogmusic-com.relay1a.spamh.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Filter Rule 16 - Global REJECT Filter Macro

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:41 am

Did you try contacting Moog via phone? Maybe that will move things along faster.

Spanda

Post by Spanda » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:45 am

DonutDude wrote:Did you try contacting Moog via phone? Maybe that will move things along faster.
Did finally get an email back from support.

Sent me links to same old firmware and plugin listed on website suggesting I needed to update my Phatty. Apologised for sending old links when I questioned if I needed to go back to older versions and then stopped communicating..

Very disappointing excuse for support :-(

At least Phatty is mostly behaving at the moment.

Ronny_Pudding

Post by Ronny_Pudding » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Can somebody please post a link to download v2.0.6 firmware? Thanks.