SUB 37 LFO 2 RATE LED ISSUE?

Everything Sub.
Toom

SUB 37 LFO 2 RATE LED ISSUE?

Post by Toom » Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 pm

I've noticed something off about Mod 2 today. The LED for the LFO 2 rate doesn't completely dim like the LFO 1 LED. So for example, if I select sawtooth mod, it doesn't dim all the way to black while LFO 1 does with the same settings. Could this be just a firmware bug or something hardware related?

Square wave is the only one that makes the LED for LFO 2 completely go black.

GregVDS

Re: SUB 37 LFO 2 RATE LED ISSUE?

Post by GregVDS » Fri May 15, 2015 1:16 am

I rather say it's normal for the sawtooth and ramp waveform. They truely go to 0 an infinite short time, just before or after being fully lit for an infinite short time :-). This all blurs in a dimmed LED, never fully off.

Besides, if the square wave if half of the time fully shut, that's a proof nothing's wrong with the board and LED :-).

All the best,

Greg

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:17 am

Toom > Same here! Not only that but the LED doesn't dim smoothly but in jerky steps on slow rates - definitely acting differently to LFO 1 LED and should be looked at in a poss FW update/Fix!

Can't see why the should work/look differently at same settings so yes - a bug.

You can easily test by setting both LFOs to SYNC - KB RESET and same wave / rate then press a key to trigger them. LFO 1 starts off dark then lights up, LFO2 never goes dark just dim. Whether this affects the actual LFO speed or if it's some built in speed difference I don't know yet.

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 am

I seem to remember reading somewhere on the forum that the LED you're refering to is under digital control because there is not enough analog controls/analog channels in the synth to control that one. Its not a bug but is part of the synth architecture. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me if im wrong.
Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho KB, Korg ms20 mini, Korg M50, Korg Karma, Yamaha Motif Xf6, Yamaha DX7, Novation K Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Siel DK80, cyclone analogic tt 303