104m short?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
dshook

104m short?

Post by dshook » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 am

Just picked up a 104M (wanted to get it before it's gone) and am having some strange issues and thought to post here on the off chance that anyone else has dealt with this.

The problem is some kind of connection between the short / long switch and the bypass button and mode. When the switch is on short everything works perfectly but when you switch to long, the bypass LED (and mode) changes, and the bypass button no longer does anything. You can toggle the short/long switch and the bypass mode and LED will alternate automatically every time it's set to "long" - very strange. Using the midi commands for these buttons, all of the functions behave completely normally, which makes me think it's a short or a bad switch? Anyhow I just got it new so I may take it back, but I just thought I would check here in case it was an easy fix I was overlooking. Already did the full firmware update/reset procedure.

Thanks guys!

Gladmarr

Re: 104m short?

Post by Gladmarr » Sun May 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Sounds like a short circuit related to the range switch to me.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun May 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Yep, should contact Moog tech support...

dshook

Post by dshook » Sun May 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Figured it out - there was a bunch of corrosion around one side of the big square chip with the sticker on top, shorting between the bypass switch and the range switch. The pedal is brand new so it must have left the factory with a drop of water or something sitting in that spot, which corroded around the very tiny IC pins and shorted out the chip while sitting on the shelf in the store. A very careful cleaning with cleaner and a small brush and it's working 100% again. Thanks guys.