Bob Moog's Archives moving to Cornell University

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Voltor07

Re: Bob Moog's Archives moving to Cornell University

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:54 pm

latigid on wrote:I found this through Muff's:

http://moogfoundation.org/march-2015-schematics/

There's a few schematics now uploaded, just took a couple of years :)
FINALLY! Results!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

museslave

Post by museslave » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Ha ha ha, cute. "Finally?"
You'd have to have not been paying attention at all for this even to be your "results."

If you're interested in Bob Moog and his legacy, you might try visiting the BMF website sometime. They've been sharing a great deal for years.
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

WilliamShaver

Post by WilliamShaver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:57 pm

In fairness Marc (sorry, but I'm assuming that "museslave" is Marc Doty) the first issue of the schematics (Release 1) was only back in August 2014.

I come a little (well very) late to the controversy surrounding Dr. Moog's archives being donated to Cornell instead of the Bob Moog Foundation and have no interest in revisiting that controversy.

However Marc, I have heard you now twice on recent episodes of "Sonic Talk" and recall that, on your first appearance, you did speak of the Bob Moog Foundation (and Sonic Talk has featured Michelle Moog-Koussa in an interview some years back as well as many making many mentions of the Foundation in previous episodes) but only with respect to the DBSS.

Why not use the Sonic Talk platform to speak more broadly about the information obtainable on the website including future initiatives that may be of particular interest to, well, the types of people that participate in these types of forums? From what I've read, here and in other forums, there has been some disappointment with how much material is available on the Foundation website--the Sonic Talk forum would be an excellent platform to inform like-minded folk as to what is currently available along with what is upcoming.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:54 am

You can bet Doty will use the Sonic Talk thing to boost his sense of self-importance. There's no need to encourage him.
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Be cool.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat May 02, 2015 8:48 am

Erik, don't worry as far as I'm concerned. If Doty comes in here shouting and screaming like he has done before, I intend to ignore him.

I'm inclined to think ignoring him is the best thing that can be done unless he gets really misleading or offensive. He obviously wants attention - that was apparent before and it's why he's become insufferable since this `Moog Foundation' thing started. Quite a few people haven't picked up on what he's about yet, and hitching a ride on the Moog name through a non-musical member of the Moog family is serving him well at the moment even though he's nothing to do with either Bob Moog or the Moog company.

Given enough time, people will see through him, hence my earlier post, but it can take a while because of the superficial charm he can turn on when he wants to. In the meantime I've unsubscribed from Sonic State so I don't have to be presented with him. I thought Sonic State was pretty good before, and I hope they can get back to that at some point. I'll leave it a year or two and then try them again.
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

WilliamShaver

Post by WilliamShaver » Mon May 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Sweep:

Don't give up on Sonic Talk just yet...I don't think that there are plans (as yet) to feature Marc Doty on a regular basis. There were a flurry of comments (on the Sonic State website and You Tube channel) urging Marc to appear regularly on Sonic Talk...to which I replied that that was the last thing Sonic Talk needed. Not that Marc is a "bad guy" or is uninteresting, just that Dave Spiers is already a regular on the program and just how many "vintage synth" guys do you need? If anything, I find that Sonic Talk (but not the Sonic State website) is perilously close to becoming an synth "antiques roadshow".

In any event, keep listening...

museslave

Post by museslave » Tue May 05, 2015 6:22 pm

William:

I'm glad to talk to you about the Foundation. Feel free to contact me personally.
And, if you don't want to talk to me, feel free to go to the Foundation website, which is very up-to-date in regard to our various educational and preservational efforts.

Sweep:

How gosh-danged frustrating it must be for you in regard to your quest to reveal me as the sham I am. Somehow... people just aren't getting it. I just keep tricking EVERYONE into thinking I'm something I'm so evidently not. I guess I'm just lucky that this incredibly massive deceit is just so, so successful. Even Moog Music still features my videos on their site. :::sighs::: I'm sorry. Because I am so sensitive to your endeavor, I'm going to make more of an effort to reveal that I am a fraud.
I do appreciate that you find me charming, though. You ol' flatterer. :*

To everyone else:

While the departure of Bob's personal archives is regrettable, they were only a portion of the Bob Moog Foundation archives. As you can see on our website, we have a truly substantial archive of historical documents, hundreds of original schematics, concept drawings, prototypical Moog hardware, other Moog hardware, and synthesizers from companies that were inspired by Bob's work. We feature a lot of these incredible pieces of history on our website and Facebook page. If you're interested in Bob Moog's work and history, and the history of some of the companies he was involved in, the Bob Moog Foundation is a great place to start. There are a lot of interesting things in Bob's personal archive, but they are mostly along the lines of what a person would keep for themselves. There are some interesting pieces of technology and history, but a lot of it is just the stuff that Bob used in his workshop, along with a lot of equipment that he acquired over the years.

Also, feel free to ask me any questions you might have. You can reach me at [email protected].
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Wed May 06, 2015 12:05 am

Sad :|
Last edited by MacAquinas on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed May 06, 2015 4:05 am

Marc,

I have also gained great insight regarding features of particular synths watching your YouTube videos. Your recent appearances on Sonic Talk have been enjoyable as well. However, you really should start spelling your name correctly. :)

Mark

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Wed May 06, 2015 9:59 am

DonutDude wrote:However, you really should start spelling your name correctly. :)
Quite right DoughnutDude :wink:
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed May 06, 2015 2:08 pm

fyvewytches wrote:
Quite right DoughnutDude :wink:
Good one!

WilliamShaver

Post by WilliamShaver » Thu May 07, 2015 11:50 am

Never mind Marc: have a look at the Sonic State website and YouTube channel and find out how many listeners refer to "Dave Spears". Its "Dave Spiers" dammit. S-P-I-E-R-S.

Guess I'm getting old and crotchety.