WTF? is shipping a warranty'd synth such a secret?

Everything Phatty.
slabwax

Re: WTF? is shipping a warranty'd synth such a secret?

Post by slabwax » Sun May 03, 2015 11:58 am

what astounds me is the Gen Y attitude

I think it should be called Gen A/E Anonymous & Entitled

This is not aimed at Asymetrical per say Just an observation on a lot of people that grew up with the online chat sites.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Your wrong

I'm pissed cause Moog sold me a piece of crap. This has nothing to do with burning bridges if anything Moog has burned mine with putting out a sub par product. They could easily see I'm pissed about this topic, I've emailed multiple people all of which responded with "Not my department"

Moog must not care about customers because as one, They're doing me wrong Moog not being up front with a simple information is very bad customer service. If anything they should really want to stop this thread by dealing with me rather than others seeing a glaring example of bad customer service.

Even if the rumor is Moog is great, here is a solid example of how they are not.......

Just my opinion, but you guys are old so obviously you'll will think I'm wrong cause I'm young

go figure.....

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Sun May 03, 2015 1:32 pm

slabwax wrote:

This is not aimed at Asymetrical per say Just an observation on a lot of people that grew up with the online chat sites.
Hey lets not start making such sweeping insults after all which generation have they got to thank for the world they grew up in? Who introduced the concept of planned obsolesence starting with lightbulbs, MTF manufacturing ect.. :lol: Consumers today often have a good reason to be skeptical, no?

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Sun May 03, 2015 2:47 pm

No news from Andy? He is supposedly the man in charge for the repairs and should help you on the way to deal with the shipping and handling, surely if your Sub37 is still under warranty. If he's not, he will certainly help you finding the proper person to handle the shipping and problem.

Please do try to understand a lot of people here try to help you with advices, even if some are dealing with the way you interract with others. All these forum chattings sometimes are so biased incomplete and untruth to the way we usually speak, interract, feel and express ourselves, it's very easy to be misunderstood, to over-express oneself, so it's mandatory to be a tad over-polite, double-think and not write down flaming sentences and bird names.

I'm absolutely certain Moog does its best to assure every Sub37 that is shipped is working as intended. Some can sadly develop early problems due to transport, shop management and handling, or even bad luck (electronic devices usually break down suddenly due to some failing components). I'm convinced Moog did not "sold you a piece of crap" nor did they "put out sub par product". You should not say such things, even if yours has definitely a flaw or defect from the start. Try to handle that with Moog the most tactly and affably possible, that's your interest after all. Usually, it's no one's fault, neither yours, nor the shop guys, nor Moog's, you all had a bad luck time, ALL. Try to express politely your right to have a fully working product, try to express also you understand that's not the fault of anyone, but that they should try their best to fullfill the warranty you have on your Sub37.

I truely whish you the best luck possible with the Sub37 repair process. I hope it will be handled swiftly and you'll be able to play with it sooner than excpected.

Best Regards,

Greg

m10k

Post by m10k » Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Asymetrical wrote: Just my opinion, but you guys are old so obviously you'll will think I'm wrong cause I'm young

go figure.....
Being "old" has absolutely nothing to do with not understanding your situation or with the way you're being treated by forum users. Lack of respect has EVERYTHING to do with it. If you treat people with respect then they are much more likely to reciprocate. Same goes for lack of respect. Is it that difficult for you to comprehend?

I sometimes deal with people like you in my line of work. People that will NEVER be happy no matter how much you go out of your way to help. Honestly, I've found that it's never worth it. I would rather lose that customer. It's just not worth the time and effort to deal with a sour attitude over and over and over. Of course, some people are just having a bad day or whatever...I don't believe you're one of those people.

It's sad, really.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sun May 03, 2015 10:29 pm

ChiLam wrote:
slabwax wrote:

Hey lets not start making such sweeping insults after all which generation have they got to thank for the world they grew up in? Who introduced the concept of planned obsolesence starting with lightbulbs, MTF manufacturing ect.. :lol: Consumers today often have a good reason to be skeptical, no?

Your right I should not make all or nothing statements. So I'll take back my generational blanket statement. Let me rephrase, Since the proliferation of internet chat sites and other non face to face social interactions I've noticed that a lot of plain old common courtesy has diminished in our day to day interactions with each other.

If I tie this back to the problems Asymetrical seems to be having, I guarantee you that he would most certainly not walk up to Mike Adams, Amos or Andy ( Amos and Andy haha I think they need a radio show) at a NAMM show and call them F...ing liars to their faces, (or would you?). If you or anybody would not treat someone to their face a certain way why pull it online, phone etc? It is in fact a case of Anonymous & Entitled maybe just not as age defined as I stated in my last post.

If I was a Moog employee why would I go out of my way to be helpful? You show me no signs of respect and I'm supposed to jump to your attention when you want. Ha!

As far as age and being cynical I understand that better than most. I'm still as cynical and untrusting of most things as if I was a 60's era war protester who hated Nixon. (I'm not nearly that old but you get the idea). That said, I do my best to treat people with respect and manners.

In parting six words, Dale Carnage and sugar & vinegar .

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Mon May 04, 2015 10:04 am

Asymetrical wrote: ... you guys are old so obviously you'll will think I'm wrong cause I'm young
so it turns out you ARE Gen Y. funny how i guessed that eh. what a surprise...

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 am

Asymmetrical,

My apologies, I receive literally 300 emails per week and sometimes it takes me a few days to reply to a given bit of correspondence. I searched my email box for your Forum User name, using both the correct spelling of Asymmetrical as well as the spelling you use for your handle. I could not isolate your correspondence from the mass of emails.

I will be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can, will you please send me another email, flag it as Urgent and put Asymmetrical Forum Post in the subject line, and I will make it my top priority for today to help you with getting your issue sorted.

I understand your frustration, and you have my deepest apologies for this situation. Just know that if you give me the opportunity, I will do my very best to assist you in getting this issue sorted out.

Again my email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.
Last edited by Control_Voltage on Mon May 04, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Mon May 04, 2015 11:49 am

Andy here again:

Just to clarify about warranty shipping and how it works.

This is from our limited warranty that is posted on our website:

Moog Standard Warranty

Moog warrants its products to be free of defects in materials or workmanship and conforming to specifications at the time of shipment. The Warranty Period is one year from the date of purchase. If, in Moog's determination, it has been more than five years since the product shipped from our factory, it will be at Moog's discretion whether or not to honor the warranty without regard to the date of the purchase. During the Warranty Period, any defective products will be repaired or replaced, at Moog’s option, on a return-to-factory basis. This warranty covers defects that Moog determines are no fault of the user.

The Moog Limited Warranty applies to USA purchasers only. Outside the USA the warranty policy and associated service is determined by the laws of the country of purchase and supported by our local authorized distributor. A listing of our authorized distributors is available here.

If you purchase outside of your country, you can expect to be charged for warranty as well as non-warranty service by our in-country distributor.

Returning Your Product to Moog

You must obtain prior approval in the form of an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number from Moog before returning any product. Click “Customer Service” to request the RMA # via email or call us at (828) 251-0090. All products must be packed carefully and shipped with the Moog supplied power adapter. The Voyager and Little Phatty must be returned in the original inner packing including the foam inserts. Sorry, the warranty will not be honored if the product is not properly packed. Once you have received the RMA# and carefully packed your Moog, ship the product to Moog Music Inc. with transportation and insurance charges paid, and include your return shipping address.

What we will do

Once received, we will examine the product for any obvious signs of user abuse or damage as a result of transport. If the product abused, damaged in transit, or is out of warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair cost. Warranty work will be performed and Moog will ship and insure your product to your United States address free of charge.

http://www.moogmusic.com/support/servic ... d-warranty

What all of that boils down to is under normal circumstances, the customer is responsible for shipping an item to Moog for warranty service, and Moog will pay to ship and insure the item on the return trip home.

However, as the Service Manager, I can waive this policy(if I feel that the situation warrants special treatment) and offer to send a UPS/FED EX RETURN LABEL to the customer via email to cover the cost of shipping. This is something that I often do in special circumstances, especially if a unit fails within a few weeks/months of purchase. But this is a courtesy that I offer, and is NOT part of the standard warranty service.

I hope this clears up any confusion!!!

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Mon May 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Absolutely!

That's exactly the response I was looking for..........

Thanks tons!

i know we'll be talking soon

m10k

Post by m10k » Mon May 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Good on you, Andy!

Some of the best customer service in the biz!

namnibor

Post by namnibor » Mon May 04, 2015 7:55 pm

It's all about proper communication.

I entirely agree that people are losing their ability to communicate 'properly', as if due to technology it's a case of "Atrophy" or something like our organ, the Appendix. The difference is people should speak to others and a company via a forum with 'courtesy' and this thread's title was entirely lacking that 'courtesy aspect', IMO.

I see this lack of respect on many other forums as well. It's not flattering of our species.
Sub 37

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 pm

http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Mon May 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Not trying to start or prolong a flame war, but I had a similar experience with Moog service after requesting an RMA for the LH Controller on my EB when I had discovered that the pressure control was not being sent. I was instructed to ship the entire keyboard for the controller repair, and told it was necessary because of the degree of difficulty in calibrating the controller. I sent a follow-up question asking if that was the case then why was the upgrade controller originally shipped to me as a field upgrade years ago? I received no response and decided to let the RMA lapse rather than spend hundreds of dollars for shipping and a full calibration and repair/replacement of the LHC.

While I understand Moog receives a high volume of emails and technical requests I was disappointed to have my second inquiry on an open RMA ignored. I decided to simply replace the upgraded controller with the original controller and was able to restore pressure response.

To be fair I have had other technical questions regarding MoogerFoogers answered in a timely manner. Maybe they are currently bogged down by issues surrounding the Sub 37 and Minitaur, I don't know.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 am

Again big apologies to anyone read this that thought my comment were out of place

I dont mean to hate on the world via my the web though I do at times. I'm not too big too accept my part here, Sorry for that.

I was frustrated and I expressed it here, I dont regret it

Moog has taken care of me and I'm stoked

Thank you sincerely

I will make an effort to play nice.