WTF? is shipping a warranty'd synth such a secret?

Everything Phatty.
Asymetrical

WTF? is shipping a warranty'd synth such a secret?

Post by Asymetrical » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:27 pm

So I got my RMA approved..........

but no message about shipping, except

"Once the RMA is approved, you will receive an e-mail with packaging and shipping instructions"

never got one. I even sent a another email asking about shipping still nothing.........

If shipping is free will someone please tell me how?

Thanks

slabwax

Re: WTF? is shipping a warranty'd synth such a secret?

Post by slabwax » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Asymetrical,

Did you try contacting Andy? He has alway responded to me very quickly.
[email protected] or by phone (828) 251-0090 (tech support extensions are 221, 217, and 204)

He's going to be able to assist better than anyone here can.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:33 pm

I'll email Andy directly Thanks

I've been hustling for months trying to get the money for a case and shipping.....

Its frustrating this is such a secret, is it not?

Is it a voucher or what?...... Fed Ex, UPS, USPS.....How is shipping covered?

m10k

Post by m10k » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Good luck, Andy! :lol:

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:54 pm

m10k wrote:Good luck, Andy! :lol:
Whats that supposed to mean?

Why is this topic taboo? I just dont get it?

m10k

Post by m10k » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Truthfully? Based off of your comments/posts from the last week or so, you sound like a slightly frustrating customer to deal with. Again, that is 100% based off of some of your comments/posts. I don't know you and I'm probably totally off , but that's how you come across. Instead of addressing the issue and contacting the right people, you come on here to complain about the issue. Now that you HAVE contacted the right people, wait for a response. It may take a few days but they'll get back in touch with you.

It sometimes seems that people don't realize that Moog is not a mega music corporation. It's a small group of dedicated individuals that are HAND MAKING complex musical instruments. When you have such a small work force and get 100's of emails a day (including spam to sift through) it takes time to get back to everyone. Unless you just want some "robo response" email, then it's going to take some time. Real people will answer you and that's worth a little extra time to me, personally.

I'm not affiliated with Moog at all, but I do work for a very small music related company. We have an even smaller work force and sometimes it takes a minute to get to everyone. I understand the frustration, but if you go through the proper channels I bet you'll be taken care of.

Also, BE NICE when you correspond with them (or anyone for that matter). You'll have much better luck getting your issue resolved.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone person. sorry

a simple explanation from someone who has had to do this would be awesome....

Something like "fill out the RMB form and tell Moog the UPS store your using, Moog will contact them so all you have to do is bring it to the store. Moog will ship back using Fed Ex to the shipping address on the RMA form."

I didn't want to continue to hijack the other thread so I made this post. True I'm been asking this for a while now, but I'm still in the dark.....sorry.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Fri May 01, 2015 11:39 am

WTF?

There is literally a list of people on this forum that have had this issue dealt with. Why can't one of them shed some light on what the process is here I'm suppose to follow. I'm pretty sure I've gotten the email replies I was expecting and not a single one has told me how the send them this synth.

What's the truth? Will Moog pay for me to ship them my broken Sub37 or do I have to pay for this myself?

All the rest of you who dont know Fuk off and kiss my ass if you feel the need to belittle me.........

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Fri May 01, 2015 11:51 am

Relax man! Maybe none of the people who have done this return-shipping thing have read your post yet. Maybe some of them who have read your post and had the filter problem did not need to ship overseas and so don't know about that process specifically. Maybe it is different according to where you live and so any advice from someone not in the same area would be misleading. Honestly, I don't know but I think you can rest assured that this will get sorted out for you and that you will be happy in the end. The customer service at Moog is of the highest quality in my experience and many others too - they will see you right. I can understand your frustration but things go wrong and it won't help throwing abusive language around.

"Life is a roller-coaster just got to ride it" R Keating (the inimitable)

PS Please don't be offended and respond by telling me my mum is a rollercoaster.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri May 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Asymetrical wrote:I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone person....
but
Asymetrical wrote: All the rest of you who dont know Fuk off and kiss my ass
do you see the irony?

i remember being like you 20 years ago. hot headed and frustrated. then i slowly realized that dealing with people like this doesnt get you help. being nice when asking for help, gets you help. doesnt matter if you are 100% right, and have a piece of paper that says "warranty" and lays out what your supposed legal rights are, that you deserve to get a refund for shipping, etc. even the largest corporation in the world, is run by PEOPLE. who will help you only if they want to help.

so behave like a respectful individual of society Asy and dont BURN people with "fuk off".

you seem like the kinda guy who would say "fuk off my steak is medium rare i said medium...take this back bitch and tell the chef to do his job". i know FOR A FACT that a chef will spit in your gravy when you rant and behave like this. i saw it all the time. You win the fight but lose the war. i would never swear and yell at a technician that was about to dive into my precious synth with a soldering iron. hes likely to throw around some solder "just for fun".

just think a few steps forward man.

twelsch42

Post by twelsch42 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:25 am

When I sent in a synth for repair, even under warranty, I paid for shipping to Asheville, they paid to ship it back to me. Not sure if anything has changed. It sucks. But if you want to hand deliver it to North Carolina you can skip shipping fees all together. Admiditly, shipping was cheaper than I expected. If I can afford a Moog, I can afford shipping without freaking out. Life's too short.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Sat May 02, 2015 11:59 am

Thank you

you've been much more help than the rest

B3 guy

Post by B3 guy » Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 am

There's an excellent chance you'll see this as an attack but here goes....

You may not be getting the answers you're looking for because the people who have the answers have, at some point, clicked on your user name, selected you as "foe" and blocked posts from you. If you burn enough bridges sooner or later there are no bridges left. I tried to help you with this issue a while back but instead i got sarcasm and attitude. Chill out, play nice and loose the 'tude. The forum is filled with people who are here to help. Be part of it. :D

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Sun May 03, 2015 5:46 am

B3 guy wrote:If you burn enough bridges sooner or later there are no bridges left.
Amen B3. when i turned 18 and entered the "music industry" i instinctively always knew to tread carefully. Its such a small room full of people i was always astute enough to realize that you cant burn everyone in the room as there will quickly be no "industry" left.

what astounds me is the Gen Y attitude which i see all the time, and that is to burn any bridge and "bleep them" and just believe there is a million other bridges over the next hill. They seem to think the contacts and the people in the industry are just endless. ive never understood it.