Everything Sub.
slabwax

Re: 1.1.0 is now here!

Post by slabwax » Fri May 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Loaded nice and ez. Thanks

drglas

Post by drglas » Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Elektron C6 finally did it for me also!!!

stravinski

Post by stravinski » Fri May 01, 2015 5:43 pm

drglas wrote:
pb21 wrote:Oh dear I tried manually updating after failure of auto upgrade now the machine is stuck, it displays getting header but nothing else. anyone available to advise what to do now?
Same here. The automatic update fail and the manual update fails at the second sysex file. The red midi light never flashes.
I too am stuck. It does not show anything in the display. and a manual reload does not work, even though it seems to connect.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Fri May 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Really nice update, thanks Amos! And I really like the ratcheting feature; played with it quite a bit. I only wish you could independently choose how many pulse counts per step like with the Intellijel Metropolis sequencer. For example, being able to have 6 Pulses on Step 1, and 3 Pulses on Step 5, then 8 Pulses on Step 7... but as it is implemented in this Sub 37 update, if you choose 6 pulses, you're stuck with that for every step you choose to have ratcheting on.

Still, the fact that we even get this feature is pretty darn nice as it's a fairly rare thing. So I'm happy! I will try the suggestion in the updated manual about using the MOD SEQ and Foot Controller to sweep through the pulse counts though...

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 pm

jido-genshi wrote: I only wish you could independently choose how many pulse counts per step ...
go to the new Preset Edit->SEQUENCER menu, set MOD DST = "RTCHT CT" (ratchet count) and set SEQ MOD AMT greater than 0%.
Now the mod-wheel position, recorded per sequence step, can set the ratchet count per step. It's an extra step but it does the job.

DaveBee

Post by DaveBee » Fri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm

This was my first update and I have to admit I was a bit nervous reading some of the earlier comments. However all went smoothly on Win 7. So thanks Amos and Moog team for all of your hard working adding more functionality to our machines!! :)

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Sat May 02, 2015 12:33 am

Amos wrote:
jido-genshi wrote: I only wish you could independently choose how many pulse counts per step ...
go to the new Preset Edit->SEQUENCER menu, set MOD DST = "RTCHT CT" (ratchet count) and set SEQ MOD AMT greater than 0%.
Now the mod-wheel position, recorded per sequence step, can set the ratchet count per step. It's an extra step but it does the job.
Ooh, brilliant! Thanks Amos! Now I'm super extra happy! :D

Lars

Post by Lars » Sat May 02, 2015 2:54 am

Hi!

Do I need to back up my user presets before updating the sub37? That is… does the upgrade overwrite user presets?

Thanx,

Lars

Mike37

Post by Mike37 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:28 am

Lars wrote:Hi!

Do I need to back up my user presets before updating the sub37? That is… does the upgrade overwrite user presets?
No.

Azure Feast

Great upgrade to an already great synth!

Post by Azure Feast » Sat May 02, 2015 6:14 am

Hi Very happy wit this upgrade. The new features add a lot to the sequencer and to the synth as a whole.
I hope the arpeggiator will benefit from most of these features in the future. :P

Regarding the upgrade process, the Automatic procedure got stuck at the end of step 2 (OSX 10.10.3) but the Manual one did the job.

Marc

Draks

Amos,Top Fellow

Post by Draks » Sat May 02, 2015 9:50 am

THANK YOU Amos

Your herculean efforts are much appreciated.

The best is always worth waiting for and we all know to expect the highest of standards from Moog Music.

You have delivered.

The installation with my Mac running Snow Leopard was without incident.

I note that if I wanted a little anticipation related excitement could have opted for a manual install.

I enjoyed the cryptic low pass , fine tune , pitch wheel set up, quite innovative!

The interface was perfect, simple and very Apple-esc.

Now to experiment!!

Regards Anoop in the UK

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Sat May 02, 2015 10:35 am

Update went fine on OS X 10.10.3.
Thanks.

Karel

Post by Karel » Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks Amos for your hard work and the impressive features I gained on my Sub 37 !!

My DAW pc wouldn't update my Sub 37, I tried each installation (automatic and manual) a few times and got many of the errors reported on this forum.
The MIDI light on the Sub 37 also didn't blink, so that was already an indication that it wasn't updating correctly.

With the Sub 37 plugged into my laptop the automatic update finished succesfully at the first time... :D

So people, if the install just doesn't work on your DAW pc or mac: stay cool and try to update the Sub 37 with another computer/laptop (PC or Mac).
There's nothing wrong with the installers, but I guess updating firmware is just a sensitive process.
Do make sure to use a native USB port (no USB hub), because I suspect many of the problems with the update (if not all) are USB related.

Enjoy your - now even more fantastic than before - Sub 37 everyone!

Greetings from Antwerp.

Karel

lushr

Post by lushr » Sat May 02, 2015 11:35 am

Exciting! Looking forward to my "new" Moog!

As I've said repeatedly, love you guys!

Hope you make some tutorial videos on features/tricks that can be performed on the sub 37 now. No one understands these things as well as you, and it could be an opportunity to demonstrate how the Sub works with other products like the foogers. I'm thinking of getting the ring modulator, but I need convincing.

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Sat May 02, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for the Update! Good Job! Took 3 tries, updater didn't work on WinXP, sysex either but C6 did finally...

And btw, thanks for the sticker received in the mail!!! : :mrgreen: