S37 - Ladder Filter Collapsing!

Everything Sub.
Mike37

Re: S37 - Ladder Filter Collapsing!

Post by Mike37 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks Moog. So the bad filter cutoff pots are in a small minority, that's good news. Though, I still wonder what prompted Moog to alter the circuit board of the Sub 37, and what exactly was changed/improved. Anyways, can't wait to get my hands on the Sub 37 I've ordered... :)
Last edited by Mike37 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pedrofloyd

Post by pedrofloyd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Great support from MOOG.
Only one think: why modifying the circuit if the problem is due to pot fail?
Knowing this would make me happier :o
Anyway, enjoy the music! :P
Hi,
here are some infos:
notebooks: thoshiba and Dell both dual core
Audio interface: Echo firewire

OS (inc. 32/64 bit), DAWs, moog equipment and audio interfaces used in your setup.

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 pm

my first sub, (bought in the UK), had a few little problems but not the filter pot. moog were adamant i should get a perfect one and quickly made sure my supplier over here took the first one back and got me a new one. the swap took less than a week and the second was perfect. also as has been said, their sheer visibility on this forum makes me feel confident that any problems that may crop up can be fixed in future.

i'm a sax player for my day job, generally drive the sub with an ewi, and my horns go wrong all the time. it's part of having a "proper" instrument. as long as there's back up - my horn repairer is 10 minutes away ;-) - you just ride the bumps and enjoy the music...

on a separate note my sub will be getting its first live outing on saturday night. hope it doesn't get stage fright! it's a warm up gig for a tour we've got in the summer. lots of moogs getting a workout - would be great to see some of you guys at one of the gigs.

cheers,

si
Attachments
Moog-eflyer.jpg

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 am

Coooool. Would love to see that. Will have to see what i can do. :D
Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho KB, Korg ms20 mini, Korg M50, Korg Karma, Yamaha Motif Xf6, Yamaha DX7, Novation K Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Siel DK80, cyclone analogic tt 303

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Great news and thanks to everybody who've contributed to this thread. I talked to Andy at Moog and he turned me onto the Canadian contact who handle all Moog RMA work north of the border. The response from that contact was swift and to the point. I'm waiting to receive shipping directions. All service (under warranty) and shipping is free of charge. Oh yah... and they're going to fix the faulty filter knob. Nobody panic, it's not a common problem! What a great deal! Should be about a 2 week turn around. Awesome! I'll keep you posted!

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:26 am

Good news Tyler :-).
I was sure Moog would handle this swiftly and properly.

I hope your Sub37 will be soon back in fully working condition. Don't hesitate to give us the end of the story. It helps other to read about problems, but solutions and happy endings too :-).

Greg

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am

Yo!

How is the shipping "Paid" for?

I'm looking at a couple hundred to ship mine.........

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:52 am

It says this first thing on the Form to get repairs

"You will be charged for price of packaging plus shipping. Please contact Krystal at 828.251.0090 ext. 200 for pricing."

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 pm

You're not required to pay shipping if you're under warranty.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Very nice! BUT.......

How?

I called the local UPS Store and they said probably a couple hundred to ship it? I havent taken it there yet to get the exact cost.

The store I bought it from told me I'd have to pay for shipping too and as that store is 3 hours drive I'm looking at the local options.

I've not filled out the RMA??? form yet as I dont have a credit card.......but my post before this is a quote straight from that form.

I'd love to be wrong here!

m10k

Post by m10k » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Asymetrical, I recommend getting touch with Andy over at Moog Support. I don't think forum users will be able to answer all the questions you have. From a previous post from Andy...

"Andy from the Moog Tech Lab here.

Please, if you are experiencing an issue with any of your Moog products, contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you with sorting out the issue. You can reach me at [email protected] or by phone (828) 251-0090 (tech support extensions are 221, 217, and 204)"

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Yeah totally

I did speak with Andy about four months ago when I first noticed mine was broken.

Toom

Post by Toom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

If you purchased the Moog outside of your country of residence, warranty isn't covered. I found out the hard way, I would have had to ship to US to have it fixed under warranty (I'm in Canada). Anyways, ended up fixing it myself. I just hope I don't have to fix it every couple months, haha!

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:07 am

That sucks. I purchased mine from Poland and I'm in the U.K, mines covered by warranty but I guess maybe thats an EU thing.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 am

Hello Everyone,

Andy from the Moog Tech Lab here.

Please, if you are experiencing an issue with any of your Moog products, contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you with sorting out the issue. You can reach me at [email protected] or by phone (828) 251-0090 (tech support extensions are 221, 217, and 204)

If you are located outside of the USA, either contact your store or distributor for assistance with getting a warranty repair, or contact me and I will point you to the appropriate Authorized Service Center.

I have seen a few pots fail on these synthesizers(but it is a very low number relative to the considerable number of Sub 37's that have been produced over the past several months), and the Cutoff Pot is BY FAR the most fun knob to tweak(admit it, you know its true!) so it stands to reason it will bear the heaviest usage. We test our gear rigorously before it leaves the factory, but despite our best effort to be diligent, occasionally these things do happen. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please rest assured that Moog will stand behind our products(and if necessary extend your warranty for any issue that seems pervasive), and we will do our very best to make the repair process as quick and hassle free as possible.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.