SUB37 Firmware Update Problems (brick)

Everything Sub.
siso80

SUB37 Firmware Update Problems (brick)

Post by siso80 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:30 pm

I cant use my sub 37 after trying to update the firmware to 1.0.7, i love this synth and was really excited to use the new step sequencer features, now i cant use it at all, all lights are on, arp rate flashing steady.

i used midi ox, folled the directions exactly, tried 3 more times after it didnt work the first time and now my synth is stuck in limbo, i've called and emailed customer service but maybe someone on this forum has performed this update and has some advice.

p.s. i also updated my tempests sysex yesterday, it took me a while to figure it out, midiox wasnt working with the buffer settings and i found through a forum that people like bomes sens ex better, after trying to update with midiox twice to no avail i tired to update sub37 with bomes send ex as well but to no avail.

-jeremy

m10k

Re: SUB37 Firmware Update Problems (brick)

Post by m10k » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Use the Elektron C6 program that is recommended in the instructions and try again. I've never had any problems using this method.

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah, the C6 has never failed me.

And for the record the new step sequencer stuff isn't in 1.0.7. It will be in 1.1 when that's released.

tarkington

Post by tarkington » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:52 pm

First check to be sure the Sub37 is directly connected to the computer USB, not a USB splitter box. I had the same problem and actually tried something else. I use a PC and for whatever reason the updates were not successful via midi-ox and my Sub37 was dead. I then connected my sub 37 directly to my friend's Macbook and did the update via Mac and midi-ox and it worked flawlessly.

kvitekp

Post by kvitekp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 am

The key trick is to re-open MIDI ports in whatever tool you're using after each firmware sysex sent. This is necessary because Sub37 is reset during firmware update and USB port connection gets severed, and needs to be reestablished.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

siso80

Post by siso80 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

i got it, Elektron c6 did it, i had tried that program as well as bomes send ex and midiox, somehow i must have missed a step because now i have the new firmware installed and I am so happy that i didnt destroy this beautiful machine