Sub37: No problem here :-)

Everything Sub.
GregVDS

Sub37: No problem here :-)

Post by GregVDS » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:19 am

Hi,

Sometimes, this kind of forum gives the impression that the discussed gear has a lot of problems.

Hence, I wanted here to testify that my new Moog Sub37 I acquired the 3rd of March 2015 is amazing, is built like a tank, works perfectly, and has no problem at all.
It sounds beautifully of course, at least to my discovering ears (first synth ever here).

It went with the firmware v1.07. I quickly asked Amos to be a beta tester for the v1.1, and the process has been tremendously interesting and gratifying. There is very few companies other currently that offer such level of responsiveness, such proximity to us users. That adds a lot of value to Moog synth. I'm convinced I won't have such support and integration with other big companies.

So, here you go, don't hesitate to testify that for you also, everything is perfect :-)!

Greg

red

Re: Sub37: No problem here :-)

Post by red » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:30 am

I can confirm that there are absolute no problems with my Sub 37
... nor with any other mooger & fooger device.

It's a joy to play with such quality instruments :!:
::red

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:39 am

I'm looking to buy SUB37. Is it really solid and stable?
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

Etamin

Post by Etamin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:07 am

I am also very happy with my Sub 37. I have only had it since January, but I have had no issues with it so far, and I love the sound and functionality.

People who experience problems with a product are far more likely to post to forums than those with only positive experiences - they may be seeking help/advice, or just want to express their frustration. However, there is also this thread http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22878 which shows considerable enthusiasm for the beast. Moog cannot make them fast enough to meet demand.

Most if not all products experience some failures, and while I have been fortunate enough not to require assistance from Moog, from other posts on this forum, I feel reassured that they do an excellent customer service job, and if I do have a problem, it will be fixed. Viewing the forums of other manufacturers, that is sadly not always the case.

Peter

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:17 pm

A beautifull instrument in every way - sonically superb and built to last. If you wan't to save yourself some money don't audition this one. Even the Mrs approves of it! :wink:

Another vote for Moog support too - best.

Only problem for me is that it has sparked a serious lust for more Moog. I'm dreaming of the System55 or System15 but of course I can't afford either so instead it will be a Voyager or Mos-Lab 1P....help.

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:55 pm

ChiLam wrote:A beautifull instrument in every way - sonically superb and built to last. If you wan't to save yourself some money don't audition this one. Even the Mrs approves of it! :wink:

Another vote for Moog support too - best.

Only problem for me is that it has sparked a serious lust for more Moog. I'm dreaming of the System55 or System15 but of course I can't afford either so instead it will be a Voyager or Mos-Lab 1P....help.
Precisely that! I have imaginary plans for saving up until I can afford a Voyager XL. I hope they still make it in one or two years (currently, I'm totally broke :-/). Trying to sell stuff to shorten the wait :-). In the meantime, my Sub37 is lit up every evening (should I let in on all day long?).

Greg

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:34 pm

October 2014 Sub37 running firmware 1.03 has been perfectly reliable since day one. Have used it weekly for band practice, at home for recording, and live on-stage as both a synth and also a MIDI controller.

I work at home and often have the Sub37 running all day. At night it gets dust covered and 'tucked in' for bed. LOL

Only thing I don't really do is use the Sub37 within a DAW, and that's mainly because I work inside graphic suites all day long, and try to avoid the screen on my personal hours.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:38 pm

GregVDS wrote:
Precisely that! I have imaginary plans for saving up until I can afford a Voyager XL. I hope they still make it in one or two years (currently, I'm totally broke :-/). Trying to sell stuff to shorten the wait :-)

Tell me about it. I too am hoping that these things are still going to be available by the time the coffers get re-filled. Having crazy thoughts about unecessary kidneys and such..
GregVDS wrote:In the meantime, my Sub37 is lit up every evening (should I let in on all day long?).
Good question - I have read alot of conflicting opinions about whether electronics should be left on or not! :?

Toine

Post by Toine » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:20 am

I own a sub 37 since january 2015, beautiful instrument with lot of sound potential!
I've owned (and own) different (digital) workstations and a stage piano but none of them inspired me the way the Sub37 does in terms of tweaking, making sounds from scratch and play with them!

At home i'm playing the sub through a DAW using a VST delay plugin. When I play my Sub in the band I don't have a delay (yet) but for sure i'm going to buy one (if I only knew which one I want to buy because there are a lot of different reviews with different outcome and delays available. It will probably be a TC Electronic Flashback or a Minifooger delay :D )!
Last edited by Toine on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toom

Post by Toom » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Mine has some problems that I still haven't fixed on it, but I STILL THINK IT IS THE BEST SYNTH I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Instant classic!

Toom

Post by Toom » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:45 pm

I forgot to add that I want to buy 4 rack versions as soon as they come out.

Thank you.

huggy1000

Post by huggy1000 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:47 am

I've had my Sub37 since Feb 15 and no problems at all. It a joy to use and lovingly built I LOVE it!!!!!
Moog SUB37
Werkstatt
Access Virus Ti2
Volca bass
Volca beats
Korg SQ-1
MF Delay
Logic Pro X
iMac 27 MacBook Pro

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 am

I've owned my Sub37 since November, and have had no issues, only fun :!:

Let it also be known that I've owned a used Voyager for over 3 years, a Slim Phatty for 4 years, and a Minitaur for 2 years, all with absolutely NO problems. I also own one of every Moogerfooger (including CP251 & VX351), plus 3 Minifoogers.

Every single piece of Moog gear, whether purchased new or used, has served me quite well and given me NO issues…and that's a lot of gear :D

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 am

namahshaman wrote:…and that's a lot of gear :D
No kidding! You lucky devil - your studio must be a gorgeous thing to behold - any pics?