Sub 37 and boomerang III looper- possible midi thru glitch?

Everything Sub.
charbot

Sub 37 and boomerang III looper- possible midi thru glitch?

Post by charbot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi everyone, I have a boomerang III loop pedal (and love it BTW) but since I added the sub 37 between it and the incoming midi signal from my band mate's drum machine, I occasionally have a situation where all audio from the boomerang is muted- the only remedy I know is to unplug the looper and re-power it back up. I never had the problem before when the midi Output from the tr8( or electribe) was directly connected to the looper. The problem only occurs when I use the 37 in the midi signal chain. Ive tried disabling all the midi options to where clock is the only thing being sent, but it still seems to happen -but again, only when the Sub is receiving a MIDI signal. I cant successfully recreate the problem.. (ever really -always is a nasty unexpected surprise,) but it has never happened while playing alone, when the sub 37 is not passing midi info thru and it is the master clock. Right now Im running a beta fw, but this has been happening since day one and w/ all previous stable releases.

Ive contacted mike at Boomerang- he told me that the III ( which really only has midi clock sync abilities) only reads/responds to midi clock and start/stop commands- as well as some things to check when the issue happens again. It doesnt seem like others boomerang users have been having this issue, so i suspect the problem might be in the synth or possibly both ...

Just a guess, but Im thinking that possibly the merged midi data from the sub 37 may contain some strange or contradictory commands that are confusing the looper or some weird midi cc combo that is triggering the looper to mute( tho it shouldnt- the pedals mute function should only be triggered by physical button press, and as I said this only occurs when the midi passes thru the sub 37 )

Any other sub 37 and boomerang III loop pedal users out there?... Id like to hear if im the only one or if others have experienced similar issues.

Thanks

mrberger

Re: Sub 37 and boomerang III looper- possible midi thru glit

Post by mrberger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi charbot,
did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm thinking of picking up a Boomerang III myself.

charbot

Re: Sub 37 and boomerang III looper- possible midi thru glit

Post by charbot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Well, yeah- i think. The folks at Boomerang were pretty helpful. Apparently, the III communicates with the 'side car' expansion pedal over midi ch 16 ( tho there is no mention of that in their manual) Pretty sure that my looper was responding to my bandmate's electribe (which was also on ch16) I havent had much of a chance to test it out tho'.....however, in retrospect, I dont think that the sub was involved at all. I believe that the my must have bandmate coincidentally changed her midi settings right around the same time as i got the synth so I made it seem like the 37 was the culprit.

All of the aside, Id highly recommend the III.