Sub 37 Frimware Update Failed

Everything Sub.
skrewed

Sub 37 Frimware Update Failed

Post by skrewed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi, I recently purchased a Sub 37 and have attempted to update to firmware 1.0.7. This process must have failed: my Sub 37 shows a blank screen with a flashing ARP light.

Steps taken matched the document provided with the 1.0.7 update. I'm pretty sure I was careful to set the output buffer settings, I'm owned older synths in the past and am not a stranger to MIDI-OX.

On this very first attempt, the screen was not blank on steps 1 and 2. The screen did display the message 'ready for code' etc. On attempting step 4, the screen went blank. Subsequent attempts at updating the firmware have not been successful. In fact I have to restart my PC for the Sub 37 to even be recognized by MIDI-OX.

Whenever I turn on/off the Sub 37 Windows reports the device is not recognized. Only restarting allows it to show in Device Manager up 'sound, video and game controllers' category and show up in the MIDI-OX 'devices' menu.

Subsequent attempts to run through the update steps appear to work from MIDI-OX but the Sub 37 never restarts after step 2 or step 4. The screen remains blanks and the ARP light blinks.

After talking with Moog technical support briefly (I was at work), I tried the end to end procedure three more times last night with no success.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Draks

Re: Sub 37 Frimware Update Failed

Post by Draks » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am

Hi
Try a f-i-r-m ware update, frimware is very dodgy :)

Sorry, but now seriously, try lowering the transmission rate in the computer application preferences panel . The update accompanying notes suggest 50% or even 25%.

This makes the process longer though, so have something else to do whilst you wait for the update to complete