self ocillating minifooger?

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
franklinstower

self ocillating minifooger?

Post by franklinstower » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:20 am

Just wondering if any of the minifoogers are self oscillating and if not can anyone recomend the cheapest piece of Moog that is-- especially something that can make phat bass? Just looking for something I can use in a live environment to send through the minifoogers and create cool sounds.

Croyote

Re: self ocillating minifooger?

Post by Croyote » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:54 am

You want the MF-101 Low Pass Filter. Every Moog-o-phile should experience the wondrous soothing tones of Bob's Patented 4-Pole LPF. I think it's the cheapest MoogerFooger.

The MF-107 can do this too, but is probably my least favorite fooger. It's also much more expensive.

I believe the MiniFooger Drive is based around a ladder filter (like the Moog Guitar). They are completely different flavors in term of tone and timbre. I think you can get a great deal out of having both. Also, the LPF can get as raunchy crazy and as resonant as you'd ever want a filter or oscillator to be. It is a beast.

franklinstower

Post by franklinstower » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for the reply man-- i really appreciate it.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Croyote wrote:The MF-107 can do this too, but is probably my least favorite fooger. It's also much more expensive.
Different strokes for different folks...

The MF-107 is one of the least understood and under appreciated Foogers out there. It's one of my personal faves. But then I don't just run a guitar through it... :P

Stephen

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 pm

I think an MF-Drive could give you some self resonance if you used it in conjunction with something like a Total Sonic Annihilation or any other kind of feedback looper. I haven't tried this myself, so I could be full of it. In theory, it seems like it would work.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:56 am

Indeed, by chance, I turned on my rig yesterday evening and the MFDrive was crying: the input jack was hanging -clue.

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Well, not-so-good news. I tried it, it's inconsistent, and I don't like the way it sounds. Maybe someone else will have different results, but I don't think it's the best solution. Sorry!