Sub 37 feature suggestions - firmware updates

Everything Sub.
fwilleke

Re: Sub 37 feature suggestions - firmware updates

Post by fwilleke » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 pm

HicoMe wrote:A Transpose-function in the Preset-Edit menue would be fine, so that you can transpose a Sound and save it within the preset. Would be nice for Not-Emerson-like live-players like me ... 8)
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!! Being able to transpose the complete keyboard by a number of half tones would be a fantastic addition!

I'm kinda surprised that this isn't implemented yet, it's seems to be a standard option on many other keyboards and synths.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

milfisland

Post by milfisland » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:40 am

I'm very new to the Sub 37, so this might be a silly question: would it be possible to set Swing as a mod destination?

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:48 am

My suggestions at the moment are these (repeating maybe some already asked here):

- knob value temporarily shown on screen when turned, with proper unit (ms, s, Hz, whatever). Don't know what should be done when two knobs are actued together, maybe show just the last one's value...
- current parameter value with proper units (...) shown on screen when cursor button pressed while turning knob; this not changing the value, only showing what value really is on the parameter. Value shown as long as cursor button is held down, coming back to whatever was on screen.
- Negative option for screen B&W so as to be less bright (mainly white text on black background for darker situations).

I'll post some more when it comes to mind :-).

Best Regards,

Greg

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:25 am

Agree with ^^^^

Wondering if it is possible to change presets using CC?

I see in the manual that "BANK SELECT (LSB)" is there for CC32 values between 0-1 to select 1..8, 9..16!? But can a preset from within the bank be selected too? :?

Rene K

Post by Rene K » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 pm

GregVDS wrote: - knob value temporarily shown on screen when turned, with proper unit (ms, s, Hz, whatever). Don't know what should be done when two knobs are actued together, maybe show just the last one's value...
- current parameter value with proper units (...) shown on screen when cursor button pressed while turning knob; this not changing the value, only showing what value really is on the parameter. Value shown as long as cursor button is held down, coming back to whatever was on screen.
- Negative option for screen B&W so as to be less bright (mainly white text on black background for darker situations).
FANTASTIC GregVDS !! these are very user oriented ideas. i gave alot for that.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:05 pm

ChiLam wrote:Wondering if it is possible to change presets using CC? I see in the manual that "BANK SELECT (LSB)" is there for CC#32 values between 0-1 to select 1..8, 9..16!? But can a preset from within the bank be selected too?
Hi ChiLam,

Bank Select has always been one of the 120 Continuous Controllers in the MIDI Spec from day 1 (1982).

But Program Change has always had its own unique MIDI message called Program Change.

That's what you'll have to send to choose a specific Preset on the Sub 37 via MIDI.

Here is a detailed page about each of the Channel Voice Message types in MIDI:

http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midimessages.php
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Of course, program change! Duh, my brain doesn't work at all sometimes :oops:

Cheers DemonDan! I appreciate the help and the subtle sarcasm :lol:

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:23 am

jbottrop wrote:
HicoMe wrote:A Transpose-function in the Preset-Edit menue would be fine, so that you can transpose a Sound and save it within the preset. Would be nice for Not-Emerson-like live-players like me ... 8)
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!! Being able to transpose the complete keyboard by a number of half tones would be a fantastic addition!

I'm kinda surprised that this isn't implemented yet, it's seems to be a standard option on many other keyboards and synths.
Done 8)

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:17 am

Woohoo! Thanks Amos!
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Jayfas

Post by Jayfas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 am

I apologize if any of these features have either been mentioned already or are possible

-The ability to activate or start the lfo by using/activating mod wheel or aftertouch

-Being able to reset FEG with aftertouch (per touch)

-Being able to trigger each step of a sequence per note without tempo(cool if you use midi drums)

-display of time division when adjusting lfo and eg when synced

-I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this but the ability to change sequencer patterns without changing the patch would really be a lot of fun :P

Otherwise it looks like the update is pretty much addressing a great deal. I glad Moog is taking their time with this and getting it right. Thank you :D

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Nobody already suggested to have pitch and mod wheels LEDs modulating on LFO/ARP/Other as an option (not all the time, could be overstimulating visually sometimes).

Regards,

Greg

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

I would really like the play direction of the sequencer to include Backwards, Backwards PingPong and Random!

It is possible to do Forwards and Forwards PingPong with Inversions which is very cool but it would be great to have the same options as the ARP play modes apply to the sequencer also. :)

benbravo

Post by benbravo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:06 pm

A must be, IMHO, for a future firmware update: velocity curves!!

I find the curve of the sub 37 firmware 1.0.7, to be way too sensitive for my playing style. I am always hitting high values and cannot really use to expressive possibilities of it. Implement a standard Soft/Normal/Hard curves choice, to accommodate different playing styles, seems to me like a minimum feature on a synth of that calibre.

The ultimate solution would be fully user-customizable velocity curves on a future sub 37 software editor.

Hope to see it come sometime :)

B3 guy

Post by B3 guy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:12 pm

benbravo wrote:A must be, IMHO, for a future firmware update: velocity curves!!
Amen

DaveBee

Post by DaveBee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Hey all ... new to the party. Only had my Sub 37 a month and still sorting it out. My top priority requests are redundant but want to add another vote. Sorry if my understanding of existing features is not complete.

1. Abilty to set arp and lfos to an exact bpm which is displayed on the screen. Spending a lot of time tempo tweaking.
2. Display of other setting values on display screen any time you change a parameter.
3. Would like to be able to turn an lfo on/off on panel as you can for an oscillator and arp (thereby not disrupting any settings).
4. I think it was mentioned that can't do anything about those blinking leds but my preference would be they could be turned off optionally or at least in sync with on/off switching of arp/lfo. Just cause I find them so distracting at times. Also would be nice to be able magically change the led color to blue :lol: .
5. For newbies like me to not let the daw turn local control off as a default at least so you don't have a heart attack thinking your brand new synth is already broken (yeah ... happened :roll: ).
6. Also needing to find out if the sequencer sends midi note output ... hoping it does.